Ford Focus ST Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

God Damn It

1K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  Alb 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well Happy New Year.

Right time for a quick rant.

Just came back from leave, my mate tells me that my car is in the garage. (I presumed he meant my garage!), so my reply was "ok cool"

He then said no I mean the ford garage.

Turns out that my car was parked outside the house whilst i was on leave and some
in a van with a trailer was passing my car ans the trailer slipped out in the snow and smashed the front and side of my poor car.

Gutted

Sorry no pics

Rant over!!!

See less See more
#8 ·
Agree whole heartedly, the parking of a vehicle that you clearly care about in snow and ice could be seen as a little silly. I am sure that you are kicking yourself for net seeing this rather obvious risk, but really I wouldn't be marking it as retarded its a simple mistake to make and one I am sure you wont repeat.

#9 ·
ok, the road is straight and the speed limit is 20kph.

I dont see how its suddenly my fault for parking the car in front of my house.

Hitting a parked car on a straight road when the speed limit is so slow as there is a school not even 100 meters from my house in my opinion makes you a retard

#10 ·
Firstly, I understand your frustration/anger/disappointment, I am sure any of us would feel similarly.

However, it seems the guy concerned has done the decent thing and accidents unfortunately do happen.

My wife managed to do £2500 damage to her Fiesta last week despite her being in first gear and manouvering around her works car park - that's sheet ice for you. I felt no need to compound her distress by calling her a retard however.

#12 ·
Feel for you mate! It must be depresing to come home to that news - and I understand you want to vent steam and this is often a good place to do it.
That said, "retard" is perhaps a little over the top, if it was some muppet doing hand brake turns then fair enough.

But, as I said, it's not a nice feeling and I appreciate your upset about it - I hope you get it sorted out quickly

#13 ·
Unfortunately its very common, loads of peoples cars in our road and nearby have had scrapes or dings from people loosing control on the untreated ice.
Most of them seem to be second cars demoted to the road.
I would only leave my car out on the road if there was no other choice.

#19 ·
QUOTE(Lucy @ 17 Jan 2010, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Oh stop picking on the OP. Im sure when someone does something to you that upsets you or damages your 'precious' ST's you use words such as 'retard' out of frustration.

I agree, if someone damaged my pride and joy I would be gutted and very annoyed, regardless of it being an accident, (yes I know accidents happen). I am sure most of you would feel the same.

#20 · (Edited by Moderator)
QUOTE(Lucy @ 17 Jan 2010, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Oh stop picking on the OP. Im sure when someone does something to you that upsets you or damages your 'precious' ST's you use words such as 'retard' out of frustration.

thanks lucy and liz

yoinkster, the guy is defo a retard.

oh and at no point did i say it was ice, he was blatently driving too fast for the road conditions, by law in germany they have to have winter tyres, now if i can drive my car down the road without winter tyres and not loose it, then so can a guy in a van.

Ok i managed to find out what had actually happened. He never slid on the snow at all. he was passing my car and a car was coming the other way and he smashed into the front left side. he then proceeded past my car and pulled in front of my car as another car was coming, also there was a car parked in front of him but he had pulled that close to the car in front that he had to reverse, thats when he reversed into the front of my car. So the road conditions were not a factor and for that reason alone i am changing his status from retard to
absolute moron.

Anyone disagree????

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.