Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Finally got my car back today. Was having a new side skirt fitted along with a few touches to break up some of the silver. The geezer who did the job said it had a few compliments from punters. Must admit, it looks really good. Luv it to bits.

All outside mods are done now, just the full exhaust with cat back, down pipe and sports cat to go. Maybe a quaife diff when the warranty is up.

Hope ya like.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
Like it, I love it

The gloss black looks amazing against the silver, and really finishes the outside of your car off.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I like that alot, loving that rear diffuser!
The Facelift STs look really good with the bottom lip done - has it been painted mate or is it vinyl?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

Foz, its all painted, mate. Took a gamble on the bottom lip being sprayed, but it came out great.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi bunky,, I am having the rear spoiler/mirrors and bonnet lip sprayed gloss black,,
How easy is the bonnet lip to come off and back on,,
Best looking silver st i have seen mate

·
Registered
571 Posts
Northy,

TBH mate...i didnt paint it...i had a pro do it. But if you look under the bonnet, there's 3 pins with a plastic cover. Looks like it just pushes out. I know there's also a double sided sicky tape stuff that bonds it to the bonnet.

Thanks for the kind words, too, mate. Let me know how yours goes?

Speedfreak,

Get it done mate. I was worried that i might have made the wrong choice, but when i see it standing outside the paint shop, i had a massive grin lol.

Went and got some Tesco 99 tonight, had the rozzers in there, too. When they pulled away i had the look from them. Hope they were admiring the car.

Thanks again to all for the really kind words. Thanks!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Bunky,

That looks awesome mate fair play. If you dont mind me asking, how much did that set you back? Wonder what it would look like on a PB
Was going to get the rear diffusor vinyl'd but looking at it sprayed, looks pretty good!

Dan

·
Registered
571 Posts
Bunky,

That looks awesome mate fair play. If you dont mind me asking, how much did that set you back? Wonder what it would look like on a PB
Was going to get the rear diffusor vinyl'd but looking at it sprayed, looks pretty good!

Dan
Blue,
take a butchers at this tread. Looks stunning on a P-Blue

http://www.focusstoc.com/forums/Been-Busy-And-A-Lot-t62925.html

I got all my car done in one, mate. Side skirt and the paint work. I bought the skirt from Pumabuild, so i'll take that out the price lol.

Fitting and painting the skirt was £140...The grills, bonnet and lower lip plus diffuser was £80 so £220 in all.

***Just a little note***

I asked Essex Ford about fitting a new side skirt and they wanted £310 for the part (£155) and the rest on fitting and painting. Joke.
I paid £315 in total and got a better job done.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Sorry folks, but need an opinion from you good people.

I know i said all outside mods were done, but do you reckon that the chrome fog lighs should be gloss black?

Also are they easy to change? As i know you can buy them pre-painted.

Cheers folks!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Front looks great.

The difusser doesnt look gloss at all. And i think i can see some parts not painted well on the right side? do you have another photo?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Front looks great.

The difusser doesnt look gloss at all. And i think i can see some parts not painted well on the right side? do you have another photo?
Its all covered, mate....i checked it all before i paid up. Its slight reflection that you're seeing on that top corner. It looks flatter coz it was taken in a shadow area.

He told me that the back wouldnt look as smooth, due to the rough finish of the difuser. Gloss vinyl will cover the roughness better. Was thinking of getting a Loder Difuser later when funds allow...If they're still around, that is lol.

Cheers, C8DGY....Yeah, it makes it look less boring. Nice to break up some of the body colour, but i think thats the case for most car colours IMO.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts