Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all would any recommend the ghost immobiliser or have had one fitted, not overly satisfied with fords keyless entry and button start dont seem very secure, there been alot of thefts with fords.

Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mines has got one and it’s a bit of a pain in the **** putting the code in every time but gives you that extra sense of security knows it’s virtually unstealable

·
Registered
721 Posts
Get a dislok in the intrim, until you decide which aftermarket security you want, but yes, all modern keyless cars are vulnerable to relay theft. Also get a faraday pouch for all your keys. You will be 90% of the way there then.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
As said above bit of a pain to get used to the ghost but gives great piece of mind you'll find yourself putting in the code automatically after awhile. Wouldn't be without it now.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Audi S3 Sportsback
8,082 Posts
I have a Ghost 2 fitted . Once you get used to the code input method , it adds only seconds to be up and running . I wouldn't consider owning another car in the future without having one fitted . I also use an additional steering wheel lock and the keys are always in Faraday pouches .

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Yep, had one fitted. It only takes a few seconds to punch in the extra code which I feel is well worth it. Also have a Faraday pouch and steering lock.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Its worth it imo for peace of mind. Ive had motorbikes nicked and never seen again. The feeling is horrible.

I use it with a disklok aswell for a visual deterrent.

I tend to use the bluetooth app to unlock the car rather than the code but I do use the code from time to time so I dont forget it. Just have to be careful if you use the app to not leave your bluetooth on......

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi all would any recommend the ghost immobiliser or have had one fitted, not overly satisfied with fords keyless entry and button start dont seem very secure, there been alot of thefts with fords.

Thanks.
I had one of these fitted to my last ST and it was a good bit of kit they are around £400 fitted and unless you are really clued up you arent taking the car even if you have the key. Some insurers also offer a discount if you have one fitted But not all, I will be getting another one on my new ST once Ive had other things that are more important sorted. It can be annoying at first putting the code in every time Especially if you are in a rush but you get used to it after a few days. I really recommend them even if it is just for piece of mind!
Hope this helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ghost alarm. i have the Ghost 2, there is an app you can download to your mobile. just have to open app when walking to car and press key on screen.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Ive just accidentally disarmed my ghost easily.. They can't be that bulletproof

Went to shut my window & the whole lot disarmed

·
Super Moderator
13,317 Posts
Code kicks back in once you go over 32 mph
I meant if you manage to enter the code accidentally then maybe you should change it to something you won't enter accidentally. Not even sure how you did it accidentally to be fair, it's a four input code minimum. Also as far as I'm aware you need the code every time you start the car, you do on mine anyway, so not sure where the 32mph comes from.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Code kicks back in once you go over 32 mph
I think you have activated the valet code this allows you to leave it with the garage or detailer so they can work on it as far as i am aware it lets them do about 5 mile total for test drives at a maximum of 32 mph you deactivate it by re entering you code i think

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
I think you have activated the valet code this allows you to leave it with the garage or detailer so they can work on it as far as i am aware it lets them do about 5 mile total for test drives at a maximum of 32 mph you deactivate it by re entering you code i think
Absolutely no idea what i did to be honest.. Just reset it once I'd found what to do on YouTube

1 - 17 of 17 Posts