Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol was just looking for a rough idea at the moment running a ecu spacer and was thinking about upgrading to ggr or code red

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
It WILL give better airflow and therefore (other mods / map dependant) should give between 10-20bhp. People dont just buy them for show, induction kits generally have been around for decades. The airflow is vastly improved. It was the first mod i did, before mapping etc. and I did get a noticable difference in performance.

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
This has been covered soooo many times and you wont see any difference what so ever between the two and as for Bhp is any ones guess but you can take manufacturers word for it.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I added my code Red on Friday. Not really had chance to try it out much but i have noticed a slight difference in both noise and power

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
QUOTE(DaveCHCI @ 9 Feb 2010, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It WILL give better airflow and therefore (other mods / map dependant) should give between 10-20bhp. People dont just buy them for show, induction kits generally have been around for decades. The airflow is vastly improved. It was the first mod i did, before mapping etc. and I did get a noticable difference in performance.

As you say they have been around for years and I have had a number designed on my various cars over the years by some big manufactures so I know what goes in to the R&D and gains you are likely to get.

Remember these filters will allow many times more air through than your car will need so the talk re restriction is over hyped.

Don't get me wrong you may get a slight improvement but as I have said many times before for bhp improvement against cost there are far better things you can do, the CIAS is way down the list, you can get similar improvements form better fuel, plugs filter eliment and spacer etc which are a fraction of the price.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
QUOTE(Dennis @ 9 Feb 2010, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As you say they have been around for years and I have had a number designed on my various cars over the years by some big manufactures so I know what goes in to the R&D and gains you are likely to get.

Remember these filters will allow many times more air through than your car will need so the talk re restriction is over hyped.

Don't get me wrong you may get a slight improvement but as I have said many times before for bhp improvement against cost there are far better things you can do, the CIAS is way down the list, you can get similar improvements form better fuel, plugs filter eliment and spacer etc which are a fraction of the price.

Before my cais i had panel filter and spacer, result CAIS is better, always use premium fuel so I cant comment there, but again I went for the RS plugs and they again are not really greatly better than before. My CAIS gave better results in terms of a performance jump than any of the above you mentioned.

The panel filter and spacer were dog
compared to my CAIS. When you have the car modified heavily the CAIS just gets better and better as the maps were designed for use with them. Just out of interest do you have the standard air box still?

·
Registered
293 Posts
I met with James ST the other day he has the code red system and I have the GGR and they are exactly the same .....even the design is the same piping is the same, they are almost identical apart from the colours....Is go for the cheapest one

·
Registered
71 Posts
QUOTE(Ginno78 @ 10 Feb 2010, 12:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I met with James ST the other day he has the code red system and I have the GGR and they are exactly the same .....even the design is the same piping is the same, they are almost identical apart from the colours....Is go for the cheapest one

dreamscience matey plus all cars that are made some are good some are bed some standard cars are seeing 240 plus bhp without mods so its down to build of car

1 - 16 of 16 Posts