Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hi all,

Had the motors first service today at Allen Ford in Brentwood. I must say, what great and friendly service centre. Will be using them from now on. Bye, Bye Essex Ford.

While there, i ordered the Mountune upgrade. £1256 inc VAT & fitting. Getting it done on the 1st of Feb, so if anyone could give me some feedback on what to expect, please feel free to let me know.

Really looking forward to this.

PS. Should i ordered the CAT back exhaust? Or would i be better to wait till my warranty is up, then get the whole system with sports CAT & Turbo Downpipe done?

Cheers all!
John

***** UPDATE*****

Well, the car is now Mountuned.

Didnt get much of a clear drive home as traffic was bad. I did try it out on a clear stretch and loved seeing that turbo gauge go all the way to 1.2 bar. The thing is like a rocket.

Engine sounds different. More meaty, if ya know what i mean. Got home and gave it a few revs. Man does this thing pop, and i havent even got the exhaust yet. Also had a few bangs too. Subtle ones, but still made me think "oh yes!"

Will run it out when traffic dies down. Glad i got the week off to run it in and smile with extra cheese.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
In a word, it's awesome mate! Feels and drives just like the standard car does but a whole lot faster and buckets of torque, you'll be grinning that's for sure!

I plan on getting the cat back too, left it off for time being as didn't have the extra £450 at the time, as soon as I do I'll be getting it as cannot wait for a more pops and bangs. As it doesn't invalidate your warrenty I'd go for it at same time if the funds allow

Then as you say when warrenty is up go for the sports cat and down pipe!

·
Registered
221 Posts
What you can expect is an (even bigger) grin every time you get in the car! Also, regarding the Mountune cat-back, opinions are varied but i personally love the sound and the tailpipes look good too!

·
Registered
222 Posts
QUOTE(Flightmech @ 20 Jan 2010, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What you can expect is an (even bigger) grin every time you get in the car! Also, regarding the Mountune cat-back, opinions are varied but i personally love the sound and the tailpipes look good too!

+1

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Im going to order mine in the next few days for an early Feb fitting and I can't wait

Ive been a passanger in a mountune car on more than one occasion and think its a great bit of kit but I can't quite stretch to the exhaust aswell as ive got tax, service and mot all due within the next month or so

·
Registered
65 Posts
Got the Mountune and cat back and absolutely love both. Noise is subtle but nicely different to standard. Also power and torque are grin worthy!

I can almost guarantee you wont be disappointed, and the best bit is that your warranty is intact!

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I will be able to let you know next week - booked in for Saturday to get this, catback and Eibachs fitted.

After all I have read on here it sounds like it should be pretty awesome! Drive home should be fun

·
Registered
571 Posts
Cheers for the feedback, guys....I have a silly grin already. Infact it started in the dealers.

Can only get better. Just a shame its 12 days to go....But, its being fitted in my week off, so im gonna give it a damn good play with.

I might get the catback, but have a 50 inch pioneer TV to pay off lol. But mr Credit card is very friendly.

Talking of Mountune....Has anyone seen the wheels on the Mountune concept Fiesta on their site? They would be stunning on a Foci

·
Registered
106 Posts
QUOTE(ST Bunky @ 20 Jan 2010, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi all,

Had the motors first service today at Allen Ford in Brentwood. I must say, what great and friendly service centre. Will be using them from now on. Bye, Bye Essex Ford.

While there, i ordered the Mountune upgrade. £1256 inc VAT & fitting. Getting it done on the 1st of Feb, so if anyone could give me some feedback on what to expect, please feel free to let me know.

Really looking forward to this.

PS. Should i ordered the CAT back exhaust? Or would i be better to wait till my warranty is up, then get the whole system with sports CAT & Turbo Downpipe done?

Cheers all!
John

Can i ask what the difference in insurance is as i am the same age as yourself and Mountunne would be something that interests me (just as soon as i can get the funds together!!
The only thing that puts me off is what them insurance folk take off you for the pleasure (as if they dont get enough!!!!)
regards,
Steve.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
QUOTE(stevelee @ 20 Jan 2010, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Can i ask what the difference in insurance is as i am the same age as yourself and Mountunne would be something that interests me (just as soon as i can get the funds together!!
The only thing that puts me off is what them insurance folk take off you for the pleasure (as if they dont get enough!!!!)
regards,
Steve.

That would be £0 (if you are with Admiral or Bell like me).

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
QUOTE(AlanK @ 20 Jan 2010, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That would be £0 (if you are with Admiral or Bell like me).

+1 Think mine went up about £30 with Elephant, when they finally accepted what an ST260 was. Then I am 24

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
- £60 with LV, dont know how or why but an ST260 is 60 quid cheaper with them, well actually ended up being £35 as there was a £25 admin charge to pay

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Im with Greenlight and im hoping it won't cost anything, just an admin fee.

If you take Elephant for example adding Mountune is minimal extra charges but adding Dreamscience will cost over £300!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE(stevelee @ 20 Jan 2010, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Can i ask what the difference in insurance is as i am the same age as yourself and Mountunne would be something that interests me (just as soon as i can get the funds together!!
regards,
Steve.

As AlanK says, nothing, mate. I told Bell, who im with, before xmas that i was gonna get it done. All i did was pay the admin fee. Just need to let them know that its fitted so they can send out an updated policy.

·
Registered
269 Posts
QUOTE(Flightmech @ 20 Jan 2010, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What you can expect is an (even bigger) grin every time you get in the car! Also, regarding the Mountune cat-back, opinions are varied but i personally love the sound and the tailpipes look good too!

+2

Mate it's awesome! The sound, torque, power, everything. Going up to 260bhp is wicked! You'll love it!

Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE(STIOM @ 20 Jan 2010, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>+2

Mate it's awesome! The sound, torque, power, everything. Going up to 260bhp is wicked! You'll love it!

Let me know what you think.

Will do, mate. Its all sounding so good. 12 days to wait tho...damn!!!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Deffo mate...Stunning sound. Pulled away then when in 2nd it sounded like a racing motor. Grin-tastic.

I had use of the dealers Focus C-MAX Zetec 1.6........

Oh man, so slow. Nice motor but deffo not a 1.6 job. So when i got back in mine, it was Heaven

1 - 20 of 35 Posts