Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting my clutch done next week and when i drop the car off for it to be done haven't got a way to get back
Just wondered if anyone knows if you drop the back seats in a 3 door is it possible to get a adult size mountain bike in the car by any chance

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Getting my clutch done next week and when i drop the car off for it to be done haven't got a way to get back
Just wondered if anyone knows if you drop the back seats in a 3 door is it possible to get a adult size mountain bike in the car by any chance
I've had one in but took front wheel off

·
Registered
649 Posts
i know you can fit a bmx no bother so im sure youd get a mountain bike in with the front wheel off.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I had one in my old mk2, I put the front end in first and as the bike went further in turned the handle bars and pointed the front wheel towards the roof.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ty guys didn't think i stood a chance TBH but will give it a go over the weekend.
Anything to save a 45 min walk

·
Registered
96 Posts
It'll def help if you can remove the wheels (at least the front if you can't do both), as it can be a bit awkward to manoeuvre a bike inside the car if you are trying to position it while holding it through the boot.

However, I have a 5-door, so it may be a little different, as I usually open the rear door too to help.

Also, if you can drop (or remove) the saddle it will be easier to position the bike where you want it. I also usually put the bike in with the chain facing upwards as it avoids it dangling on the carpet if you don't put a cloth underneath.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I got my mountain bike in the boot without a problem the other day, and 4 large storage boxes for the good lady's shoes lol

You should be fine mate

·
Registered
394 Posts
I put my 26" wheel Dirt Jump Bike in mine fairly often.
Have to remove the front wheel though to make it MILES easier.

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
Sorry to go off topic but what PSI do you put in your bike tyres,i was talking about this the other day with my boss and he was saying about 60psi,i said that cant be right that's way too much as i put 30/33psi in my car tyres?

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
Sorry to go off topic but what PSI do you put in your bike tyres,i was talking about this the other day with my boss and he was saying about 60psi,i said that cant be right that's way too much as i put 30/33psi in my car tyres?
My road bike runs at around 100psi, bike tyres are much higher pressure than car tyres.

I get my road bike in the ST by removing the from wheel, mines a 5 door but it makes no difference as it goes in through the boot.

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
My road bike runs at around 100psi, bike tyres are much higher pressure than car tyres.

I get my road bike in the ST by removing the from wheel, mines a 5 door but it makes no difference as it goes in through the boot.
Thanks for that mate,you've just saved me £20 in betting him

1 - 14 of 14 Posts