Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Get My New St 3 Monday!!!

364 views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  Davecl 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, my names ben and I'm ready to collect my FW ST3 in the morning!
Very excited!

What do poeple on here do with running them in? Or do yon not bother??

Cheers ben

#2 ·
QUOTE(ben toney @ 28 Feb 2010, 11:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi everyone, my names ben and I'm ready to collect my FW ST3 in the morning!
Very excited!

What do poeple on here do with running them in? Or do yon not bother??

Cheers ben

Good choice of colour mate. I took it easy for the first 500 miles, then took it a bit further for the next 500 miles. Then its open season

#3 ·
I just took it easy for the first 800 miles and then gradually turned the screw
. But there are some people who say just drive it normally staright away. Basically do what ever your comfortable with. Personally i took it easy as i had spent the most i had ever spent on a car and did not want to F it up

#12 ·
QUOTE(stingy @ 28 Feb 2010, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hi and welcome to the
club matey
Yep Welcome aboard

As for running in i also go with the 1000 miles or so, with rev limit of 3k for first 500 then gradually build up the limit for cruising revs whilst occasionally opening it up too. Better to do this in lower gears rather than letting the engine labour in high gears. Don't forget you're not just beddign in the engine but also all the chassis parts, tyres and brakes too. And in the unlikely event of something going wrong you'll not be giving the car full beans at the time.

You're going to have many thousands of miles to let rip with your new car, taking it easy for the first 1000 isn't a big ask

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.