Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post so go easy on me lol.

I'm going to be picking up the diesel focus on Saturday and the first thing I want to look into getting for it is a remap. I've done a bit of research and got quotes from RS tuning and AMD. Both companies offer the same gains and prices are the same. I know RS tuning has a good rep but what about AMD?

AMD is better for me due to its in Essex and just down the road from where I work. Has anyone got any other tuning companies to reccomend? Also have you ever had any problems with the car once the remap has been installed? Due to I still have warranty on the car and remapping it will void it and the last thing I want is the car going wrong in some way.

Thanks
James

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
QUOTE(FitzyJ @ 5 Nov 2009, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>This is my first post so go easy on me lol.

I'm going to be picking up the diesel focus on Saturday and the first thing I want to look into getting for it is a remap. I've done a bit of research and got quotes from RS tuning and AMD. Both companies offer the same gains and prices are the same. I know RS tuning has a good rep but what about AMD?

AMD is better for me due to its in Essex and just down the road from where I work. Has anyone got any other tuning companies to reccomend? Also have you ever had any problems with the car once the remap has been installed? Due to I still have warranty on the car and remapping it will void it and the last thing I want is the car going wrong in some way.

Thanks
James

I doubt you'll find a bad word said about AMD on here, they are a top company, who i would recomend 100%.

You could try code-red not near to you i know, but i have borrowed there focus tdi demonstrator and its dam quick and economical.

·
Registered
20 Posts
QUOTE(PHILJB @ 5 Nov 2009, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I doubt you'll find a bad word said about AMD on here, they are a top company, who i would recomend 100%.

You could try code-red not near to you i know, but i have borrowed there focus tdi demonstrator and its dam quick and economical.

I did think of Code Red and unfortunately they dont supply anything for the 1.8tdci

It looks like I'll be going to AMD, just saw their advert on the page.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
A remap 'could' affect your warranty, but dependant on the issue it's highly unlikely that your local dealer will ever know it's been mapped.
Have you checked the superchips website? They do maps for most cars these days and you get the handheld unit so no need in taking it anywhere for them to tune it for you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(Foz @ 5 Nov 2009, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>A remap 'could' affect your warranty, but dependant on the issue it's highly unlikely that your local dealer will ever know it's been mapped.
Have you checked the superchips website? They do maps for most cars these days and you get the handheld unit so no need in taking it anywhere for them to tune it for you.

I did look into handheld chipping devices but read that a remap was better for the car as it is designed around that particular car, whereas a chip is generic.

What chipping companies are there apart from Bluefin?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts