Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,144 Posts
Forgot this one...

An electrician came out on Xmas Eve afternoon when our oven element suddenly failed.

The first 4 places I rang were already closed and this guy said he wasnt working... but 'wouldnt see us unable to cook our Xmas dinner.'

He came out, dismantled the oven, souced and fetched the part and fitted it.

What a saviour ! :bow:

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,144 Posts
An incompetent app and website that allows you continued free access when you have cancelled.

I cancelled my monthly subscription on the app in Sept 2018 but the website allows me access for free to this day !

And they've just done a total relaunch of both and forced a change of password... and I now have free access to the app again as well. :yep:

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,144 Posts
Rally fans - WRC+ All Live streams every stage of the WRC online since 2018.

And from this year the stream includes a No Commentary audio option.

Listen to the cars and the pacenotes without any annoying ****head talking over it non-stop.

Bliss !! :)

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,144 Posts
I just want to rave about my st :)

The noise the grip and the smiles per gallon.

They're good cars
Sure are mate ! :yep:

I'm only using mine about twice a week since lockdown, but it still starts first time, engine runs nice and smooth, and it still pulls like a train ! :woohoo:

Not bad for a 12-year-old. :bow:

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,144 Posts
Thank you to my Uniroyal Rainsport 3's for saving me from aquaplaning when hitting standing water at 60mph earlier today. :bow:

A deep channel of rainwater at the roadside caused a wee scare but it could've become something much worse on other tyres... :l:

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,144 Posts
My ST again... this time the standard clutch. :)

12 years old, car remapped for 8 years and driven hard on mostly urban roads... and it's still working well ! :bow:

I was out for a blast this morning and even with the TC Off it was flying and coping great with full boost. I also did one full-on standing start and it put the power down perfectly. :yep:

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,144 Posts
My ST is going as well, maybe better, than ever. :woohoo:

I think because I dont commute any more the ECU isnt 'learning' all the slow traffic running - instead it's picked up the fact its being driven fast each time its used. :yep:

Every time I take it out now its boosting hard from the slightest pedal prod. :bow:

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,144 Posts
I'm not commuting in my ST any more and I now only use it for shopping and pleasure (mostly the latter).

So today I decided to change my Dreamscience map from Race to Race+. :yep:

WOW !! I forgot just how much fun this map is... :woohoo:

I havent used it for at least 2 years as I found it a bit laggy and hard on the clutch for daily use. But out on the open roads it's pure pleasure. The boost comes in so hard and the turbo just flies onto full boost. The overtakes are just effortless. :box:

And as I'm usually only out for 30-40 mins the standard clutch copes with it ok, especially if I dont just floor it.

12 years old and what a car. Still. 8)

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,144 Posts
ST again...

Took my old mum out for her 81st birthday on Saturday and she said how easy it was to get in to the ST with the big front door (3-door).

She also said the (Recaro) seat was the comfiest and most supportive she'd ever sat in.

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,144 Posts
My ST:
I was asked by work to deliver a spare van down to Crendon early in the morning (14th), they said take it home and get on the road early doors. No problem.
So I asked my Mrs to run me back to work so I could get the van home.
This is where it gets a "rave"....I never knew how nice the ST sounded until the Mrs gave it the full beans past me on the dual carriageway coming home, the sound out of it was lovely and the cracks on the up shifts were great....its the first time I've heard it from the outside since fitting the exhaust and I must say I'm very happy to hear what everyone else hears. Makes me want to hear more of that glorious 5 pot sound??
What's the best mod to enhance the sound?
Drive through more tunnels or past walls with the windows down !? :lol:

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,144 Posts
This from an MP who herself is BLACK.

Critical Race Theory spouted by the Left is only a theory, not an uncontested fact.

Black people traded slaves before, and after, the trans-Atlantic slave trade (which Britain was the 1st to abolish).

BLM is a purely political movement. People should not be judged by the colour of their skin - which is what BLM does, victimising all black people.

The history of the USA and Britain are different - what applies there doesn't apply here.

And finally she says:

'I'd go further and say this is the best country. I've lived in the US, I've lived in Nigeria, so I feel like I've got some context to compare. I look at South Africa and look around Europe and ask: are those places better to be black than the UK? I don't think so. It doesn't mean everything is perfect… But if as a politician, especially a black politician, I don't say this, who will?'

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,144 Posts
Rally fan videos - so much better than the sanitised TV coverage.

Amazing speed and sound ! :woohoo:

WRC Rally Croatia this weekend:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts