Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,837 Posts
The antithesis of the General Rant Thread :)

I'll kick off by raving about Virgin Media......

A few of us from my village approached them in mid September to see if they could help us out with a problem brought about by the impending demise of our existing ISP (a small company that serves only the village).

Long story short, they put us to the top of their project lightning list and despite our diminutive size (less than 200 properties), set about installing fibre to the home across the whole village.

On their last working day before Christmas I had the honour of being the first connection made by the installation team who worked until late in the evening getting as many houses as possible completed.

We went from absolutely nothing (not even a plan) to a working fibre-to-the-home installation in just a shade over 3 months so well done Virgin. :clap:

First connection:

Circuit component Passive circuit component Electrical wiring Electricity Line

Attachments

·
Premium Member
MK2 facelift st 2000 puma millennium Chinese 125cc scrambler
1,901 Posts
A heating oil company local to my area. We have a watchman sonic that is supposed to monitor the level of the heating oil in the tank. Something in my head should have said oi **** head it's been at the same level for the past 3 months, but hey ho. Anyway, after ordering some Saturday night and being told that the 2nd of Jan would be the soonest we could expect to get any, the tanker arrived this morning.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
After a months worth of haggling, arguing and general kicking off, Hoover Candy have agreed to replace our washing machine and take away the old one....in old one I mean it was only 4 months old....and broken beyond economical repair.
The replacement is coming tomorrow....I wonder if its because I threatened them with legal action?

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
Surely you have the years manufacturer guarantee? Or is that not a thing anymore?

After a months worth of haggling, arguing and general kicking off, Hoover Candy have agreed to replace our washing machine and take away the old one....in old one I mean it was only 4 months old....and broken beyond economical repair.
The replacement is coming tomorrow....I wonder if its because I threatened them with legal action?

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Surely you have the years manufacturer guarantee? Or is that not a thing anymore?
They agreed to replace it after they failed to repair it within their own 28 day timeframe, I was VERY patient with them even after they FORGOT to order parts and when they did order the parts, the engineer rocked up at 2.45 and because we were not home even though we had advised them to avoid the AM and PM school run times he refused to wait and I had to re book, complete shambles, just check out Hoover Candy Service reviews and you'll see what a load of jokers I've been dealing with.

The worst thing is, this new machine will be the 3rd one in 16 months, not good.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Phew, thankfully I changed mine to Bosch recently. Though my Hoover it replaced was 12 years old :clap: That said, my mate worked in said service dep't Dave :facepalm: (up here in Scotland though I might add) and he'd practically changed all the working parts of the machine over the years.....

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,112 Posts
Forgot this one...

An electrician came out on Xmas Eve afternoon when our oven element suddenly failed.

The first 4 places I rang were already closed and this guy said he wasnt working... but 'wouldnt see us unable to cook our Xmas dinner.'

He came out, dismantled the oven, souced and fetched the part and fitted it.

What a saviour ! :bow:

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Phew, thankfully I changed mine to Bosch recently. Though my Hoover it replaced was 12 years old :clap: That said, my mate worked in said service dep't Dave :facepalm: (up here in Scotland though I might add) and he'd practically changed all the working parts of the machine over the years.....
I'd never have that brand again...I was told that Beko are a good make, but who knows, at least I can wash my own under garments now...lol

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,112 Posts
An incompetent app and website that allows you continued free access when you have cancelled.

I cancelled my monthly subscription on the app in Sept 2018 but the website allows me access for free to this day !

And they've just done a total relaunch of both and forced a change of password... and I now have free access to the app again as well. :yep:

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Being given free stuff.
Visited a Nilfisk site up in Penrith today, got talking to a guy in the warehouse about pressure washers e.t.c, mentioned I had a Nilfisk one and he said "you got nozzles mate" I said I had the standard ones so he gave me 2 brand new ones from the returns bin...lol, one with adjustable spray pattern and a wide angle type one, also a nozzle cleaner pin.
What a nice chap.
Not everyone is a total ****!

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Genuine buyers:
Put my old sat nav headunit out of the Focus up for sale on some free ad sites as its been sat there in the box the xtrons came in for ages.
Got the usual joke offers and swaps, but this morning a guy messaged me and said he was interested. We agreed for him to come down this afternoon and see if it would fit his 08 Mondeo, we had a nice chat about Fords and he paid me, no messing, no offers, he was really pleased with it, was really quite refreshing to deal with a genuine person for a change and not a ball bag timewaster.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts