Ford Focus ST Forum banner
3681 - 3700 of 3700 Posts

·
Registered
2006 ST-2 MK2
939 Posts
I've got neighbors like that, instead of feeding the kids they beg off people and food banks, They get more money than me and my wife, too busy smoking 20 **** a day and drinking. I'm not well off but pay my way and don't take hand outs, we budget and get along just fine.

I've been homeless till my dad took me in so i know how hard it is for the real poor. I get called all kinda things due to having a st and parking in a parents spot, not sure why as i have 3 kids with me. You just have to bite your lip really, you'll always have these people.

·
Premium Member
2006 mk2 5 door pfl in performance blue, Collins CP2
1,523 Posts
Car mats, oem ford, hole worn though after 7000 miles, this is on the Ka, lots of traffic driving gear changes etc but they should last longer, in the focus it was only 10000 miles, will try to fit some sort of chequer plate or carpet heel pad. 😠😠

·
Registered
MK2 facelift st 2000 puma millennium Chinese 125cc scrambler
2,240 Posts
I
Car mats, oem ford, hole worn though after 7000 miles, this is on the Ka, lots of traffic driving gear changes etc but they should last longer, in the focus it was only 10000 miles, will try to fit some sort of chequer plate or carpet heel pad. 😠😠
I removed the carpet mats and fit the correct focus genuine ford rubber mats (cost more than than the carpet mats) when I bought the car at the end of 2018. My st was used daily for 3 years and they still look like new after a wash.

·
Premium Member
1,523 Posts
I

I removed the carpet mats and fit the correct focus genuine ford rubber mats (cost more than than the carpet mats) when I bought the car at the end of 2018. My st was used daily for 3 years and they still look like new after a wash.
Not particularly a fan of the rubber mats, however they seem to be better than the carpet versions for sure.

·
Premium Member
1,523 Posts
I think the OEM mats could do with a reinforced heel pad.
It did, that's what wore through on the focus so I've removed it, I've just purchased an aluminium heal pad from ebay. and try it out. The Ka doesn't have a heal pad so that will also get an appropriate sized heel pad.
I'm not being tight, I just expect things to last a reasonable amount of time, and why closed loop carpets for that matter, harder to get a the bits out 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
2006 ST-2 MK2
939 Posts
Having DHL try to steal my replacement driveshaft but was caught and damage done to it, refused delivery due to it and now having to wait yet again for a new one to be sent out while the sender refuses to change delivery service after items was stolen from other customers.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Having DHL try to steal my replacement driveshaft but was caught and damage done to it, refused delivery due to it and now having to wait yet again for a new one to be sent out while the sender refuses to change delivery service after items was stolen from other customers.
dhl are the worst had a roller blind delivered on Saturday, was snapped in half

·
Registered
2006 ST-2 MK2
939 Posts
dhl are the worst had a roller blind delivered on Saturday, was snapped in half
Mine had to be picked up from a dodgy warehouse, they had to search for it in the back, the box was ripped open and nothing was supporting it so it was banging around in the box, worse part was a 5kg steel block was in the box which by the sound of it was hitting the cv joint and messed it up as it was clicking when i moved it.

Just up the road on the way back, the van that left the warehouse was by burger king pulling the boxes out and checking them, ripping the boxes up. Employ cheap labor you get bad service.

The sender said his already making claims for other lost items from DHL so its clear to see the drivers are stealing them.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Fitting the forge actuator yesterday, trying to remove the 4mm hose from the actuator to the boost solenoid and it snapped leaving an inch of hose still on the actuator. Called around all the motorfactors and went to Halfords and all I could find was 3mm and 5mm, so now in waiting for a length of 4mm to arrive.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
People on car forums and Facebook pages who say they're "in the trade" to add some validity to their post but ask questions about the simplest of things. Now in my opinion if you say you're in the trade, then I'm assuming you're a mechanic or something along those lines and not someone who works on a parts counter or in halfords. I know technically they're in the automotive trade, but still just be honest.

·
Registered
2006 ST-2 MK2
939 Posts
Took car to the garage very slowly, soon as i got into the drive all i got was nasty looks and the words " a ****ty st again" When i confronted this guy there for his MOT saying "mate i pay my way, i pay tax so why can't i enjoy a car without idiots like you thinking i'm some gov scrounger and i'm not a chav with a st" took his grin right off his face.

Why do people think all st owners are the same? I'm not a asbo and i work so i can enjoy how i like.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Love this thread... 🙂

People who don't indicate, why? It's right there beside your hand, please let us know your intentions kind sir/madam its not supposed to be optional, they teach us this basic courtesy at our driving tests between mirror and manoeuvre you phycotic rage inducing t*ts

Also road rage... Calm down people 🙃

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Love this thread... 🙂

People who don't indicate, why? It's right there beside your hand, please let us know your intentions kind sir/madam its not supposed to be optional, they teach us this basic courtesy at our driving tests between mirror and manoeuvre you phycotic rage inducing t*ts

Also road rage... Calm down people 🙃
Or people who indicate right while going around a roundabout and just turn off left while the right indicator is still flashing 😡

·
Registered
Mike Mk2 ST225
2,749 Posts
Obtuse people...

Been dealing with someone recently who has had a host of "problems", after diagnosing most the problems it has been user error or nothing to do with the product, they've accepted that for the most part but it hasn't stopped them from filling a complaint about all the problems they've (not) had...

But my favourite part of all these interactions is working with them to show the item being tested (and passing with no faults) in person, only leading to them demanding to speak to the manager because they're still not happy with me saying I cannot find a fault with it...

Why. How.

3681 - 3700 of 3700 Posts