Ford Focus ST Forum banner
3641 - 3660 of 3700 Posts

·
Registered
2006 ST-2 MK2
939 Posts
People are just the worst..

Went to a friend's house to pick someone up, came out 10 minutes later and find a van has parked inches from my bumper.

Presumably because they found I was parked in their spot when they got home as there was plenty of space, nothing in front of them...
I've had that same thing every time now since i've had the st, lucky for me the kind lady that i park out side of (drop curb permission) says it how it is and tells then, move the car or its being toed, she knows a lot of people in the area but there is always one that does tap the bumper, which rolls me up as its always when the cars had a clean.

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
It's been reported today, that a group of eco-mentalists, pretentiously titled the 'Tyre Extinguishers' have been furthering their own crusade of preventing legitimate car owners across Britain, from going about their lawful daily business, by indiscriminately letting down the tyres of SUV's & 4x4's (stupidly they'd even targeted hybrids too). Their self stated mission is 'to make it impossible to own the vehicles' citing 'Your gas guzzler kills' in notices left on vehicle windscreens. Apparently 500+ vehicles have been 'disarmed'. These self appointed, swivel-eyed, virtue signalling, green zealots need to be crucified. I don't normally advocate violence, but I'd make an exception in instances such as this. One wonders how long it may be before they have the likes of ST owners in their sights.

·
Registered
MK2 facelift st 2000 puma millennium Chinese 125cc scrambler
2,240 Posts
It's been reported today, that a group of eco-mentalists, pretentiously titled the 'Tyre Extinguishers' have been furthering their own crusade of preventing legitimate car owners across Britain, from going about their lawful daily business, by indiscriminately letting down the tyres of SUV's & 4x4's (stupidly they'd even targeted hybrids too). Their self stated mission is 'to make it impossible to own the vehicles' citing 'Your gas guzzler kills' in notices left on vehicle windscreens. Apparently 500+ vehicles have been 'disarmed'. These self appointed, swivel-eyed, virtue signalling, green zealots need to be crucified. I don't normally advocate violence, but I'd make an exception in instances such as this. One wonders how long it may be before they have the likes of ST owners in their sights.
This just shows how bloody stupid these people are. Do they think that the owners of these cars are going think "well that's it my cars is done better use the bus from now on"? Of course they're not they're going to use more energy and creating more pollution sorting the problem out to get their car back on the road.

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Regrettably, their narrow minded environmental idolatry obscures the true facts regarding climate change, and it's supposed causes. Consequently their ability to act rationally is severely inhibited.

·
Registered
Mike Mk2 ST225
2,749 Posts
I'm not sure must people can act rationally ass a high percentage seem to just be morons.

Admittedly a lot of SUV's are more a status symbol but some are owned for a reason... Caravan towing for example... Caravans may not be great but I'm pretty sure they're better than flying somewhere from a fuel consumption perspective.

Love to see these people at the services dropping tyres on the gas guzzling lorries....

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,250 Posts
Huge 4x4's are mostly bought for image and for a feeling of superiority, not for practical purposes in cities.

There are good, lighter, more aerodynamic estate cars and crossovers if you need space for family and carrying stuff.

I dont agree with this groups actions but some push-back is needed against these inefficient unnecessary behemoths.

·
Registered
Alan St500
2,370 Posts
My parents have a chicken farm and the green hippies came and opened the doors shooed all the chickens out that are accustomed to 30+ degrees and guess what they all died but they did the chickens a favour by them not being used for food 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
Mike Mk2 ST225
2,749 Posts
I dont agree with this groups actions but some push-back is needed against these inefficient unnecessary behemoths.
Although you're right I have to disagree... If that happens, which kind of is through taxation anyway, there will also be pushback against hot hatches and other unnecessary sports cars on the roads. They're unnecessary and there are much better options out there. But I want my ST 😂

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Huge 4x4's are mostly bought for image and for a feeling of superiority, not for practical purposes in cities.

There are good, lighter, more aerodynamic estate cars and crossovers if you need space for family and carrying stuff.

The problem is these **** heads aren't just targeting big suv and 4x4 they're going for whatever they can find hybrids and full electric cars included.

·
Registered
Grumpy Pete - Mk 2 PFL CP320
230 Posts
Jeremy Vine on Radio 2 is discussing the group lunchtime if anybody wants to listen to the/their arguments and whether they are breaking the law or not.

·
Premium Member
527 Posts

Personally, I believe the reasons why someone buys and operates an SUV or 4x4 are irrelevant, it's freedom of choice, and is entirely legal to do so under current legislation. It certainly doesn't require permission from a bunch of misguided utopian idealists to dictate how we go about our daily lives. If there are concerns regarding emissions and environmental impact, it is for the legislators to implement a solution in accordance with democratic principles. The self appointed minority of eco-ambassadors, imposing their will upon everyday citizens, in a tyrannical fashion is wholly unacceptable. There are a multitude of things that I may strongly disagree with, but I exercise self-restraint and tolerance. Undeniably from the deluded, self congratulatory perspective of these wannabe eco-warrior/planet saviours, those qualities are evidently absent.

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,250 Posts
Personally, I believe the reasons why someone buys and operates an SUV or 4x4 are irrelevant, it's freedom of choice, and is entirely legal to do so under current legislation. It certainly doesn't require permission from a bunch of misguided utopian idealists to dictate how we go about our daily lives. If there are concerns regarding emissions and environmental impact, it is for the legislators to implement a solution in accordance with democratic principles. The self appointed minority of eco-ambassadors, imposing their will upon everyday citizens, in a tyrannical fashion is wholly unacceptable. There are a multitude of things that I may strongly disagree with, but I exercise self-restraint and tolerance. Undeniably from the deluded, self congratulatory perspective of these wannabe eco-warrior/planet saviours, those qualities are evidently absent.
Choice is fine but this has negative impacts on others.

It's more about raising the issues of waste and pollution and the failure of Govt to act. Pressure needs to be put on car makers and people thinking twice about buying a big 4x4 for city use may do this.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
We all know the mk2 st is incredibly uneconomical and looking at figures online puts out more co2 than a new 4.4L range rover. I'm willing to bet for the most part the mk2 st is worse for the environment most of the SUVs being made.

3641 - 3660 of 3700 Posts