Ford Focus ST Forum banner
3581 - 3600 of 3601 Posts

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,147 Posts
Got pulled by an unmarked police 4x4 this morning.

He had seen my ST coming the other way and did a u-turn (out of sight of me) caught up, followed me and then stopped me on a quiet bit of open country road when I exceeded the 40 limit.

Happy New Year.:cautious:

·
Premium Member
2006 ST-2 MK2
539 Posts
Got pulled by an unmarked police 4x4 this morning.

He had seen my ST coming the other way and did a u-turn (out of sight of me) caught up, followed me and then stopped me on a quiet bit of open country road when I exceeded the 40 limit.

Happy New Year.:cautious:
But aren't country sides 50-60? well the one i go on is 50. Ever way that is a bummer, hope you only got a warning.

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,147 Posts
But aren't country sides 50-60? well the one i go on is 50. Ever way that is a bummer, hope you only got a warning.
Tried my best but still got a ticket. Don't know why it's a 40 limit there.. just fields either side, no houses.

I was only giving the car a bit of a run now that I'm working from home.

·
Premium Member
Mk3 ST Sabre 350R
308 Posts
Indeed, the latest wheeze by local Council's (round this neck of the woods anyway) appears to be plastering 20mph symbols on the rapidly deteriorating carriageways, irrespective of the extremely poor underlying condition of the road surfaces. As Richard Littlejohn frequently states 'you couldn't make it up'. Regrettably this seems to be the norm' these days. How sick am I of the continuous local authority narrative, that manifests itself as a war of attrition against the poor beleaguered motorist. Best get myself an e-scooter, then I can use the pavements with impunity to get about unhindered.

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,147 Posts
Only if it's a new car in its first year (which they aren't), otherwise it's going up £20 by my *** packet maths.
Ahhh... damn tabloids making me think it was for all in that emissions bracket ! :rolleyes:

This still isn't fair though. Buy a newish used car with ST level CO2 emissions you pay less than we do !!

If your post-2017 vehicle produces CO2 emissions of between 191 and 225g per km, your standard rate will increase from £155 to £165 per year.

We pay £340 now.

·
Premium Member
Mk3 ST Sabre 350R
308 Posts
This still isn't fair though. Buy a newish used car with ST level CO2 emissions you pay less than we do !!

We pay £340 now.
Oh well, the joys of owning a five pot eh! Or one could look at it from another perspective and run a mega inefficient, ultra polluting, pre 1981 classic such as a 7.2L Jensen Interceptor or Daimler Double Six and be tax exempt.

·
Premium Member
Alan St500
1,713 Posts
Oh well, the joys of owning a five pot eh! Or one could look at it from another perspective and run a mega inefficient, ultra polluting, pre 1981 classic such as a 7.2L Jensen Interceptor or Daimler Double Six and be tax exempt.
Don’t worry the 5pots will be tax exempt soon enough 🥰 just have to wait it out 🤔

3581 - 3600 of 3601 Posts