Ford Focus ST Forum banner
3561 - 3580 of 3601 Posts

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
The ASBO focus STs.
I was at a fuel station recently and there was someone driving past in another mk2, it must have had a straight through exhaust, decat, pop and bang remap etc, it was ridiculously loud and the bangs were like a shotgun going off, they continued to make it pop and bang for a while, they couldn't be seen, but still could be heard for a while after they disappeared, for that moment, I was embarrassed to own an ST :(

People who take sat nav directions literally.
I was travelling along a road i know very well and the car in front started to indicate to turn right, there is no right turn for at least 3/4 of a mile, so I hang back, and then they start to move over into a lane which is for the oncoming traffic to turn their right, whilst an oncoming car is indicating and moving into this lane so they can turn right, so they narrowly avoided a head on collision. They then proceeded to travel to the traffic lights 3/4 of a mile away where they could actually turn right.

·
Premium Member
2006 ST-2 MK2
539 Posts
The ASBO focus STs.
I was at a fuel station recently and there was someone driving past in another mk2, it must have had a straight through exhaust, decat, pop and bang remap etc, it was ridiculously loud and the bangs were like a shotgun going off, they continued to make it pop and bang for a while, they couldn't be seen, but still could be heard for a while after they disappeared, for that moment, I was embarrassed to own an ST :(

People who take sat nav directions literally.
I was travelling along a road i know very well and the car in front started to indicate to turn right, there is no right turn for at least 3/4 of a mile, so I hang back, and then they start to move over into a lane which is for the oncoming traffic to turn their right, whilst an oncoming car is indicating and moving into this lane so they can turn right, so they narrowly avoided a head on collision. They then proceeded to travel to the traffic lights 3/4 of a mile away where they could actually turn right.
There are 3 st owners by me that has the same, RS look st, bang, bang every dam night and is the reason i started hating the st after years wanting one, i just hope they get board of them soon as its a real off put.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Really agree the pop bang remap it's ridiculous tbf and gives ST owners a bit of a bad rep this is my 1st ST after wanting 1 for years and what I think the best standard unmolested model I could find 👍

·
Premium Member
Mk3 ST Sabre 350R
308 Posts
The numpty in a BMW M140i with straight through pipes and an immensely loud/industrial strength pops & bangs calibration, who evidently thought it was hilarious to pass me on my bicycle and down shift repeatedly whilst tailgating a Nissan Micra in the thick fog this morning, before executing a suicide overtake in front of an on-coming bus. A worthy contender for the Darwin Award.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
There are 3 st owners by me that has the same, RS look st, bang, bang every dam night and is the reason i started hating the st after years wanting one, i just hope they get board of them soon as its a real off put.
Or write them off and the spares appear cheap on ebay (y) 😂

·
Premium Member
MK2 facelift st 2000 puma millennium Chinese 125cc scrambler
2,018 Posts
People that don't understand the law. (This could be part of my usual Facebook rants)

I'm in a Facebook group for our village and recently the village has been having problems with people parking up and going off for the day.
There's a post up discussing this, and for the most part I understand but when people start with the daft suggestions that are only going to make matters worse I lose all sympathy. Some of the suggestions include the usual vandalism, getting the local farmer to drive past in a large vehicle and cause damage phone the police, the sort of stuff that will only cause problems for the silly ******* causing the damage. Anyway I answered one of the replies saying that if the cars parked are taxed, insured and not blocking the drive ways or junctions there's nothing the police can do and that complaining to the local council and trying to get them to put parking restrictions in would be the best way to try and deal with it. Well it looks like I'm the ass hole for suggesting something that didn't involve petty vandalism and that they only have an issue with people not from the village parking on the road.

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
SGS continued.
So after fighting for months with SGS, they finally agreed to take my faulty jack back, (the previous details are a few pages back) after threatening to go to the CEO with all the problems I've been having, (the details another member on here kindly shared) the agreed, I set up the postage and let them know, to be told they would contact me and confirm they had received the jack.. 3 days after the jack had been delivered, after checking the tracking details, I still hadn't heard so contacted them again to make sure they had received it.
They confirmed it had been delivered and let me know that the engineers would look at it and repair as necessary, but warned me that I could be liable for costs.. despite the Jack being faulty from when I first got it. Ok, I left it with them, 5 weeks go by and still not a word, so I contact them again, with another complaint and how I don't think they are taking me seriously, then to be told yes it has been fixed and where did I want it to be sent to, I asked for tracking info and when I can expect it to arrive, and got the reply of either Monday or Tuesday, and this is on the Wednesday of the previous week, it doesn't arrive By Tuesday so I email them again to try and get updated info so I can make sure someone is home, I just get another apology and things are slow at the moment, it finally turns up on Friday just gone.
At last!
I've used it today so it's working as it should be, I just hope it doesn't start leaking again.

I am very tempted to contact the CEO still to let them know of the ridiculous after service / support I've received from them, it's only taken since the 14th of July, which is when I first contacted them!

If anything goes wrong with it again, I will happily go for a Sealey jack, given the recent support I received from them, (posted in the rave thread)

Cheers

·
Premium Member
Tangerine Scream ST3 2013, with some stuff done.
1,876 Posts
Bouncy fuel prices, they seem to change day to day, mostly upwards. 🤪

·
Premium Member
2,018 Posts
My torque wrench broke this evening :rolleyes: tightening up the wheel bolts on the Octavia after having new tyres. Did the first side and noticed it felt a bit notchy by the time I was half way through the second wheel it completely let go just as it clicked at 130nm.

·
Premium Member
2,018 Posts
My main torque wrench is well over 40 years old!
Mine is/was 3 maybe 4 years old. It was a cheap silverline wrench, although it has a hard life and I'm surprised it's lasted as long as it did.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've got 2 torque wrenches one a digital snap that beeps dnt really like it and other a cheap draper that clicks at torque setting it's got more feel when you reach the torque setting 👍

3561 - 3580 of 3601 Posts