·
Premium Member
2006 ST-2 MK2
395 Posts

·
Premium Member
Mike Mk2 ST225
2,634 Posts
I'm getting fed up of this now. Had my car 10 years and a few years ago someone caved in the wing and drove off.

Last December she got hit in a car park by some kid not checking his surroundings and just driving out cutting the spot my car was in.

Last June got rear ended in stationary traffic by some woman who thought I had pulled away.

Last July had some woman drive into the front of me as she decided to take a short cut through a no entry

And last night had a woman down the road try and pull over for a van into the space big enough for half her car, cutting the front corner of my car as she did so.

How has my car been hit 4 times in the last year whilst stationary.

Only "positive" is I'm still waiting for the last damage to be repaired since the assessor told the insurance decided it wasn't a write off... But that probably complicates things a bit more 🤦

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
when changing my address for insurance they want to change me nearly 200 quid it's only a change of address FFS All the other details are the same as our St is parked in a secure lock up tamping.....rant over how Is everyone today
A BIG FU to Hastings Insurance P!!S taken * 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
Have you considered getting a quote from another insurer and cancelling with Hastings? They will try to charge you an admin fee of £25 or so but if you're saving £175 or more with another insurer it's worth it.

Also write to them and complain that the cancellation fee is excessive. I've had it straight refunded before doing that as they know that if you complain to FOS etc they'll likely rule in your favour.

Also it's not so simple as saying that your car is still as secure at your new address. The insurers use your post code as an index for so many other risk factors including your risk of an accident and resulting third party claims. They've probably added a bit of juice still when requoting you which is why I suggested cancelling and getting another. You'll lose a whole years no claims but this isn't a big deal if you're already maxed out or still relatively close to the start of your current year.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Lucky enough I'm still within my cooling of period so I've only paid them just over £40 atm and I've cancelled with no charge and the rest will be reimbursement to back to me just on the hunt for insurance as only paid just under £500 to start of and yes I've got full no claims.Thanks for the advance buddy👍

·
Premium Member
2006 ST-2 MK2
395 Posts
My example is of a 2015 Golf R. I nearly bought one with ave miles in Nov 2019 for £16500.

Look at their prices now - most 2015 cars are over £20k.

And they're two years older !! :unsure:
Yep i've seen them prices but it must be due to so many on the road (here anyway) all the asian kids are ragging them about then once they are F'ed they try to get a few grand on it.

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,112 Posts
The private sale ones are the cheapest actually. But then you get no comeback or warranty.

The Golf R's (and other cars) from dealers are the ones that have jumped the most.

My Autotrader saved search was limited to £20k max... but I see only 2 local Golf R's at that today. But up it to £22k there are 17 !

·
Premium Member
MK2 facelift st 2000 puma millennium Chinese 125cc scrambler
1,901 Posts
I know I should have learned my lesson by now but...

Facebook car groups.

I posted that I'd booked the puma in for 4 Michelin PS3 tyres at kwik fit for £263, and what followed was post after post of people telling me how I could have had the tyres cheaper.
So far we've had,

ATS have a promotion on and it would have cost £15 less than what you paid. Ok but the nearest ATS is an hour and a half round trip so the savings are outweighed by the cost of fuel and time spent getting there and back.

Camskill only want £245 for 4. Ok but that's unfitted and would cost £40+ to have them fitted and balanced so would be more expensive.

2 posts saying Costco have a promotion and would only cost £195. Ok but the promotion is for members only which costs £75 a year and without the membership costs £268 for the tyres. and the nearest Costco is 3 hours away. So even if I had one locally it would still cost me more than what I've paid.

Blackcircles are way cheaper. Which they weren't, actually they were £40 more and I'd have to wait until Tuesday next week for fitting. Then the poster said but you haven't added a discount code, yeah because there isn't one that includes the PS3.

Why don't you buy a set of part worns for £100 of eBay. Yeah ok pal.

One guy having a go at me for not fitting Toyo t1r tyres.

So my gripe is this, why do people try to tell you that the tyres could be had cheaper (which only one of the suggestions was actually cheaper) elsewhere after they've already been purchased? And then get all defensive when replied to with the correct information. Fair enough if I'd asked where can I get these from cheapest? But I didn't it was a post that was part of a running blog style project update.

·
Premium Member
Alan St500
1,421 Posts
I know I should have learned my lesson by now but...

Facebook car groups.

I posted that I'd booked the puma in for 4 Michelin PS3 tyres at kwik fit for £263, and what followed was post after post of people telling me how I could have had the tyres cheaper.
So far we've had,

ATS have a promotion on and it would have cost £15 less than what you paid. Ok but the nearest ATS is an hour and a half round trip so the savings are outweighed by the cost of fuel and time spent getting there and back.

Camskill only want £245 for 4. Ok but that's unfitted and would cost £40+ to have them fitted and balanced so would be more expensive.

2 posts saying Costco have a promotion and would only cost £195. Ok but the promotion is for members only which costs £75 a year and without the membership costs £268 for the tyres. and the nearest Costco is 3 hours away. So even if I had one locally it would still cost me more than what I've paid.

Blackcircles are way cheaper. Which they weren't, actually they were £40 more and I'd have to wait until Tuesday next week for fitting. Then the poster said but you haven't added a discount code, yeah because there isn't one that includes the PS3.

Why don't you buy a set of part worns for £100 of eBay. Yeah ok pal.

One guy having a go at me for not fitting Toyo t1r tyres.

So my gripe is this, why do people try to tell you that the tyres could be had cheaper (which only one of the suggestions was actually cheaper) elsewhere after they've already been purchased? And then get all defensive when replied to with the correct information. Fair enough if I'd asked where can I get these from cheapest? But I didn't it was a post that was part of a running blog style project update.
Why didn’t you get 8th hand budget remoulds could have got them for 25p each fitted last week for a fiver 👍

·
Premium Member
Tangerine Scream ST3 2013, with some stuff done.
1,766 Posts
Calling door mirrors, wing mirrors, last car I had with mirrors on the wings was a 1972 Rover V8, I would have thought that most people here, aren’t even old enough to remember wing mirrors. 😆

3541 - 3559 of 3559 Posts