Ford Focus ST Forum banner
3501 - 3520 of 3559 Posts

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,837 Posts
Some people are just contrary by nature.
I used to know a bloke like that and he would disagree with anything and everything.
If you told him black was black and white was white he'd disagree and say that white was actually a very light shade of black and black was a very dark shade of white 😋

·
Premium Member
Alan St500
1,421 Posts
I don't know, I'm not even bothered about how much it's worth and my wife had to talk me out of letting wbac take it at the weekend. The more I look on eBay and auto trader, urge to find something else gets stronger.
I sold my EO on a whim to buy a v8 Sierra, the Sierra wasn’t what was advertised so I left it I looked at and test drove loads of different cars before deciding I missed the asbo 5pot too much and started my st search 🤣 don’t do a me and go and test drive some stuff before selling up 🥰

·
Premium Member
MK2 facelift st 2000 puma millennium Chinese 125cc scrambler
1,901 Posts
There's seems to be no debating or discussion any more, as soon as you disagree or come up with a different idea you're a **** head or have you been sniffing glue. The majority of the time they have nothing to show for or to back up their advice, yet I'm the ass hole.

I sold my EO on a whim to buy a v8 Sierra, the Sierra wasn’t what was advertised so I left it I looked at and test drove loads of different cars before deciding I missed the asbo 5pot too much and started my st search 🤣 don’t do a me and go and test drive some stuff before selling up 🥰
I already know what I'm after, have driven a few of each and it's just a case of finding the right one.
I'm after either a manual gearbox opel Monza so may take some time or a ford puma ( the original one). The pumas handing is on another level compared to the st and the Monza is rwd and has a 3.0 straight 6.

The way the roads are getting having a car with 300+bhp is almost pointless with speed cameras everywhere and the smart motorway system extending all the time. On day to day driving most days I'm unable to go over 50mph, the only time I do is if I use the bypass and the majority of the time there's a speed camera van in the lay-by.

·
Premium Member
Alan St500
1,421 Posts
There's seems to be no debating or discussion any more, as soon as you disagree or come up with a different idea you're a **** head or have you been sniffing glue. The majority of the time they have nothing to show for or to back up their advice, yet I'm the ass hole.

I already know what I'm after, have driven a few of each and it's just a case of finding the right one.
I'm after either a manual gearbox opel Monza so may take some time or a ford puma ( the original one). The pumas handing is on another level compared to the st and the Monza is rwd and has a 3.0 straight 6.

The way the roads are getting having a car with 300+bhp is almost pointless with speed cameras everywhere and the smart motorway system extending all the time. On day to day driving most days I'm unable to go over 50mph, the only time I do is if I use the bypass and the majority of the time there's a speed camera van in the lay-by.
Ooo I love both of those I had a puma for ages was an awesome little car I did consider getting a puma racing but couldn’t justify the expense on a slightly wider puma 🤷🏻‍♂️ The lad I sold it to nearly crashed it on the test drive too 🙄

·
Premium Member
2016 ST-3 2.0 EcoBoost 250PS Stealth
208 Posts

You better hurry up if you want an original Puma, as the prices of decent ones are starting to climb. The good news is, Ex-Pressed Steel Panels are now doing a good range (although expensive) of replacement panels for both the standard and FRP. I have a 2002 Puma Thunder as a "hobby" car, with only 46,000 miles (no, I'm not selling!!).

·
Premium Member
MK2 facelift st 2000 puma millennium Chinese 125cc scrambler
1,901 Posts
You better hurry up if you want an original Puma, as the prices of decent ones are starting to climb. The good news is, Ex-Pressed Steel Panels are now doing a good range (although expensive) of replacement panels for both the standard and FRP. I have a 2002 Puma Thunder as a "hobby" car, with only 46,000 miles (no, I'm not selling!!).
Going to see what looks like a very nice and clean low mileage millennium at the weekend.

·
Premium Member
2006 ST-2 MK2
395 Posts
Nosy neighbors who get their mates to be nosy.

Have this neighbor from hell (reason my MG never seen much of the road but ended up with a mk2 st) park car on a friends drive with two camera pointing to it, 2 doors down one of the friends is always following us, came out of no where and waited 4 houses from his house watching me and my family for the hundredth time (his a kiddy lover) reversed out the drive and he started walking up to his house, i stopped and kindly told him ever take a picture or stop it or police will be informed, i got the usual hard mate drunk idiot stuff, said are you famous or something, said well i may be since you seem to love following us all the dam time, got sick of the smell of booze and the smell of sweat, so i drove off.

Why do people love to do this yet once you confront them you get a earful? i would not mind but he has done this for 8 years in plain sight, we go shopping his there, we just go and do something to the car his there, on the bus his there yet expects one to not say anything?

·
Premium Member
Mk3 ST305
183 Posts
I think plod (even the reputedly 'switched on' ones are imbeciles) they go for the quick wins/low hanging fruit (although don't get me wrong, apprehending drunk/drugged drivers is commendable). However, any trivial offence or minor misdemeanour for them is sufficient to 'put you in the book' or as is more often the case, throw you on the floor, jump all over you mob handed, and 'cuff you up and cart you off (you see it all the time in the plethora of programmes such as Police Interceptors ad nauseam). They're just state sponsored thugs in uniform. The biggest offence one can commit in the eyes of an officer, is to fail to pay them the level of respect that they (mistakenly) believe they're entitled to. Possessing a warrant card in-conjunction with a wearing a uniform transforms them into a bunch of egotistical narcissists. Funny how they can arrest women attending a vigil in remembrance of Sarah Everard, and yet all they could do was initially stand idly by while Insulate Britain A-Holes clogged up the road network. It's anecdotal, but apparently a senior officer was supposedly heard asking the IB mob if there was anything they wanted or needed to make them more comfortable whilst they merrily caused misery and distress to the masses, perhaps a cushion, cup of tea, or a slice of cake even. Utterly reprehensible!! The immediate question that springs to mind is, who protects us from the supposed 'protectors'? Don't get me started on the IPCC either (a whole separate topic of shameful coverups and whitewash). It needs to be bought to the attention of a wider audience, so if anyone wants further insight into Plod's shameful activities, look on YouTube for 'Crimebodge' an absolute master class in debunking the myth that the Police are on the law abiding citizens side, on the evidence presented by Rob Warner (the channels curator), they are so demonstrably NOT. Perhaps the wrong thread, nonetheless rant over.

·
Premium Member
Mk3 ST305
183 Posts
Although I have zero faith in Plod (as may be seen on other threads on this forum) there are laws against this type of behaviour. I think the first step may be to record all activities, times, dates, locations etc. where the incident(s) occur. Build up a dossier and present the evidence. What I do believe is of paramount importance, is to never show any reaction, as once the perpetrator sees that it provokes a response, they just do it all the more.

·
Premium Member
Paul Mk3.5 st3
2,301 Posts
Nosy neighbors who get their mates to be nosy.

Have this neighbor from hell (reason my MG never seen much of the road but ended up with a mk2 st) park car on a friends drive with two camera pointing to it, 2 doors down one of the friends is always following us, came out of no where and waited 4 houses from his house watching me and my family for the hundredth time (his a kiddy lover) reversed out the drive and he started walking up to his house, i stopped and kindly told him ever take a picture or stop it or police will be informed, i got the usual hard mate drunk idiot stuff, said are you famous or something, said well i may be since you seem to love following us all the dam time, got sick of the smell of booze and the smell of sweat, so i drove off.

Why do people love to do this yet once you confront them you get a earful? i would not mind but he has done this for 8 years in plain sight, we go shopping his there, we just go and do something to the car his there, on the bus his there yet expects one to not say anything?
That's realy strange,be careful have you reported this?

·
Premium Member
2006 ST-2 MK2
395 Posts
That's realy strange,be careful have you reported this?
Yep, nothing has ever been investigated in the 8 year his been doing it, we used to have our bad neighbor's uncle doing it will he was stopped as his been warned but this one guy thinks his all it and untouchable. Just seeing him and his gf makes your skin crewel.

·
Premium Member
2006 ST-2 MK2
395 Posts
Uneconomical car (mainly MK2 st) owners moaning about fuel prices.

No one forced you to buy it, fuel prices are only going to go one way, if you can't afford it buy something more economical and stop ****ing whining.

I feel better now.
That is so right but what people need to understand is if your blasting around in the car its going to need topping up all the time, no matter what petrol car you get your still having to pay the high fuel prices.

People who take time to write a sprawling rant about others' imperfections, but can't spell...
I do try but i'm self taught due to a useless school in the 90's lol.

3501 - 3520 of 3559 Posts