Ford Focus ST Forum banner
3481 - 3500 of 3506 Posts

·
Premium Member
ST225 - CP340
1,166 Posts
Certain Social media "stars" who constantly plug freetrade for the "benefit of their followers". Errrrr no. Unless you have twelvetythousand followers yourself, you'll never get the sort of returns they do (as everyone is using their referral link....). It benefits them more than anyone, while the odd person may get a decent share - most people get sod all.
Drives me mad....If you want money for your car either work for it, or put up some car content so you can make money through ads / endorsements. It's easier just to spam referrals though I suppose....

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
SGS Engineering

So, I bought a "decent" jack from the SGS eBay store back at the end of April, thought it was about time I got a nice one.
2.5t low profile heavy duty jack.

I used it a couple of times and found there was a puddle of oil under it after each time I had used it, so got hold of SGS through the eBay store, to tell them of the problem and was told it was strange and that I should just buy some jack oil to top it up and see what happens.

Well I bought the oil, topped up a small amount and tried to purge any air out before using again.
Unfortunately the cap exploded and hit my eye, followed by the hydraulic fluid, straight into my eye and under force.
(I would usually wear safety goggles when using tools etc but thought it's just a jack, it's not needed for this)
So, bruised my eye, and I thought I was going to lose sight in me eye, my vision was very blurred and I was unable to see anything clearly out of it.
So shot to A&E, where we washed it out with a saline solution and he gave me some eye drops to help clear anything out of it.
Then got me an emergency eye hospital appointment the next morning, had a thorough examination and was prescribed another 2 types of eye drops, my vision was blurred for a couple of weeks but thankfully healed.

Got hold of SGS through eBay again, told them of the situation and got an apology and then communication went silent, tried contacting them again multiple times over the course of around 5 week waiting for a response, nothing.

So got hold of the email for SGS themselves, got a number of apologies and that they would contact the technical department to see why this could happen.
No reply for 2 weeks, so i contact them again, still no reply 2 weeks later.

I tried to raise a claim through PayPal, and got no where, they closed the claim, so I'm stuck with a faulty jack and out of pocket by £120.

I asked them about either a replacement, or a repair as I just want a working jack, but still no reply!

Absolutely useless!!

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
SGS Engineering

So, I bought a "decent" jack from the SGS eBay store back at the end of April, thought it was about time I got a nice one.
2.5t low profile heavy duty jack.

I used it a couple of times and found there was a puddle of oil under it after each time I had used it, so got hold of SGS through the eBay store, to tell them of the problem and was told it was strange and that I should just buy some jack oil to top it up and see what happens.

Well I bought the oil, topped up a small amount and tried to purge any air out before using again.
Unfortunately the cap exploded and hit my eye, followed by the hydraulic fluid, straight into my eye and under force.
(I would usually wear safety goggles when using tools etc but thought it's just a jack, it's not needed for this)
So, bruised my eye, and I thought I was going to lose sight in me eye, my vision was very blurred and I was unable to see anything clearly out of it.
So shot to A&E, where we washed it out with a saline solution and he gave me some eye drops to help clear anything out of it.
Then got me an emergency eye hospital appointment the next morning, had a thorough examination and was prescribed another 2 types of eye drops, my vision was blurred for a couple of weeks but thankfully healed.

Got hold of SGS through eBay again, told them of the situation and got an apology and then communication went silent, tried contacting them again multiple times over the course of around 5 week waiting for a response, nothing.

So got hold of the email for SGS themselves, got a number of apologies and that they would contact the technical department to see why this could happen.
No reply for 2 weeks, so i contact them again, still no reply 2 weeks later.

I tried to raise a claim through PayPal, and got no where, they closed the claim, so I'm stuck with a faulty jack and out of pocket by £120.

I asked them about either a replacement, or a repair as I just want a working jack, but still no reply!

Absolutely useless!!
Did Paypal explain why they closed the claim? I've had a few bad experiences buying through ebay, but it's always been ruled in my favour pretty quickly to be fair.

·
Premium Member
Trevor B
1,184 Posts
Jason, sorry to hear about your nasty experience. Must have been extremely painful and worrying.
I didn't know SGS had an e bay site. I wonder if it would have been better if you had dealt with SGS directly on their own company website.
I purchase direct off their own website but I have never had to experience a warranty claim for 2 jacks and 6 different gas struts I have purchased over time.
Obviously I don't know where you are at with your claim at the moment but why not try an e mail to SGS CEO Andrew Wyatt

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Did Paypal explain why they closed the claim? I've had a few bad experiences buying through ebay, but it's always been ruled in my favour pretty quickly to be fair.
They just closed it and said it wasn't covered under the buyer protection, I stated the reason as it being damaged but I guess it wasn't a good enough reason.

Jason, sorry to hear about your nasty experience. Must have been extremely painful and worrying.
I didn't know SGS had an e bay site. I wonder if it would have been better if you had dealt with SGS directly on their own company website.
I purchase direct off their own website but I have never had to experience a warranty claim for 2 jacks and 6 different gas struts I have purchased over time.
Obviously I don't know where you are at with your claim at the moment but why not try an e mail to SGS CEO Andrew Wyatt
Thanks mate, I appreciate it.
I have given them 1 final email over the weekend and then I was going to look for someone higher up to contact, but you've done that for me, really appreciate that mate,, I'll wait and see what they say now, then contact the CEO in a few days.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
I also bought a 20t bottle jack from SGS, didn’t work, had several e-mails, phone calls even had to send videos to them of me trying to use the jack, then nothing, ended up buying a bacho one from tool station to get the job done! Useless company is an understatement, would never use again

If anyone wants a SGS 20 ton jack one carefull owner, not a lot of use please message me…………

·
Premium Member
Alan St500
1,232 Posts
I also bought a 20t bottle jack from SGS, didn’t work, had several e-mails, phone calls even had to send videos to them of me trying to use the jack, then nothing, ended up buying a bacho one from tool station to get the job done! Useless company is an understatement, would never use again

If anyone wants a SGS 20 ton jack one carefull owner, not a lot of use please message me…………
Bacho is the non lifetime guarantee snap on 🥰 I alway buy halfords advance stuff now it’s not the best but any problems they replace no problem 🤔

·
Premium Member
MK2 facelift st and a retro Chinese 125cc scrambler
1,802 Posts
Bacho is the non lifetime guarantee snap on 🥰 I alway buy halfords advance stuff now it’s not the best but any problems they replace no problem 🤔
I'm the same, when my half inch ratchet broke I went in with no receipt and they replaced it without question. They didn't even have one on the shelf so opened one of the kits and gave me that.

·
Premium Member
Alan St500
1,232 Posts
I'm the same, when my half inch ratchet broke I went in with no receipt and they replaced it without question. They didn't even have one on the shelf so opened one of the kits and gave me that.
I’ve broken my t30 torx bit about 5 times and they have always replaced it no problem I’ve got a solid one now not the security one and it’s lasted fine 👍

·
Premium Member
Alan St500
1,232 Posts
Heating oil prices 😠 last year I paid £205 for 1000 litres , I’ve just paid £315 for 500 and I’ve been keeping tabs all year waiting for it to go down no such luck 🙄

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,676 Posts
I paid 45p/litre only a few weeks back.
There has been a sharp rise since then.

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Heating oil prices 😠 last year I paid £205 for 1000 litres , I’ve just paid £315 for 500 and I’ve been keeping tabs all year waiting for it to go down no such luck 🙄
In so glad I'm not having to use heating oil any more. We had a 2500 litre tank and it used to cost a fortune to fill, that and the time we were away for a week and came back to find the padlock had been cut off and the almost full tank had been drained.

But saying that the last time we bought any was last year before we moved and I think we payed around 20p a litre which wasn't that bad.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
SGS continued

So after Trevorb kindly shared the CEOs email address I was preparing to email him to try and get some further help.
I decided to email SGS one last time before I contacted the CEO.
This was on the 3rd October, I said it had been a while since they had responded and if they couldn't help, I wanted the contact details of someone who could help..
Fast forward to yesterday, the 12th, I get loads of apologies for the delay in getting back to me and that I should send it in and they will look at it, although the woman advised that if there wasn't a manufacturing fault, then I will be liable for costs! So hopefully I won't need to use the CEOs email!!

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
****ing idiots on Facebook.

I've never understood the need to chip in or give (bad) advice when they have absolutely no idea what they're on about. I rarely give advice any more either Facebook or here, regardless of what the advice is there's always someone who has to either have a pop or come out with bull**** claims. I base my advice on personal experience rather than what is posted around the internet and o find the majority of the time the bull**** is the advice that people choose to take.

The car scene these days is toxic, whether it be classic, modified or concourse. Personally I'm done with it and I've found the less time I spend in it the happier I've been. This is mainly on the Facebook groups, which for the most part I'm no longer on as I'm sick of seeing the same garbage questions asked every day and being called out for giving advice that someone doesn't like. I've also lost all interest in my st, partially because I'm bored with It and partially due to the daftys that have started to buy them. Around where I live recently there's been quite a few popping up and they're driven in the way that their reputation would suggest. I feel embarrassed driving it, every time I'm out in it I find I've got some **** on my rear bumper wanting a race.

·
Premium Member
Alan St500
1,232 Posts
****ing idiots on Facebook.

I've never understood the need to chip in or give (bad) advice when they have absolutely no idea what they're on about. I rarely give advice any more either Facebook or here, regardless of what the advice is there's always someone who has to either have a pop or come out with bull** claims. I base my advice on personal experience rather than what is posted around the internet and o find the majority of the time the bull** is the advice that people choose to take.

The car scene these days is toxic, whether it be classic, modified or concourse. Personally I'm done with it and I've found the less time I spend in it the happier I've been. This is mainly on the Facebook groups, which for the most part I'm no longer on as I'm sick of seeing the same garbage questions asked every day and being called out for giving advice that someone doesn't like. I've also lost all interest in my st, partially because I'm bored with It and partially due to the daftys that have started to buy them. Around where I live recently there's been quite a few popping up and they're driven in the way that their reputation would suggest. I feel embarrassed driving it, every time I'm out in it I find I've got some **** on my rear bumper wanting a race.
They will crash it or run it into the ground soon enough and yours will be worth a lot more you have to ride the wave and wait it out for the chavtaboulous to kill off the bad ones 🤔

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
I don't know, I'm not even bothered about how much it's worth and my wife had to talk me out of letting wbac take it at the weekend. The more I look on eBay and auto trader, urge to find something else gets stronger.

·
Premium Member
2006 ST-2 MK2
331 Posts
i've felt the same way about my car but it will fade with these idiots but i would say its going to take a long time to fade as if its not a st its a git gold or a merc up your ****, i think we have got to the point of cars being too cheap and too disposable and its only going to get worse.

Just keep the car locked up for a while if its not your main one, the facebook thing, its not just facebook its everywhere with idiots, people get up in arms if you don't agree but are so far up your **** if you agree even if its wrong, we live in a world full of self centered people that always have to be right, like they are royalty.

personally the future is very worrying.

3481 - 3500 of 3506 Posts