Ford Focus ST Forum banner
3461 - 3480 of 3560 Posts

·
Premium Member
MK2 facelift st 2000 puma millennium Chinese 125cc scrambler
1,901 Posts
People and the look at me I've been to Diddly Squat Farm Shop posts.

I've seen it post a few times on Facebook by people I know. These people I know to hate Clarkson and are definitely not the farm shop type of person, yet feel it's somewhere they need to go because it's become a trend.

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
Crazy Facebook wanted listings.

This usually crops up on the focus st pages and goes something like...
wanted MK2 focus st
Must have:
Block mod
Around 300bhp
full service history
less than 80k miles
Tidy bodywork and paint
Recent timing belt, water pump and aux belts

budget 2.5k max.

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
For sale advert pictures.

Why the hell do people post screen shots of pictures on for sale adverts? It's unbelievable, you have the pictures on you're phone yet you take a screenshot of it and use that instead. Another is the taking a picture of the item for sale displayed on another device. I saw a transit connect for sale where the pictures looked to be a picture of a picture displayed on a digital camera. I find it absolutely stunning that someone would feel this is going to get the job done and get people interested in the item. Then finally, car for sale adverts with multiple pictures where the pictures comprise of 1 of the front seats, 2 of the back seats, 2 of the inside of the boot, 3 or random owners manuals and paperwork, 3 pictures of the driver's side at the same angle and 1 of the drivers side rear. This is usually for a car with an advertised special engine with lots of fancy work done.

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
Is it just me or are a&e Motorsport absolutely terrible at getting stuff delivered?

They charge £10 regardless of what you buy then still take a week to get stuff to you. I thought it might have been a one off it it's the same every time I use them.

·
Premium Member
Mike Mk2 ST225
2,634 Posts
It's still dragging on.

Got a call today saying they want to write my car off.

But they don't know what she's worth so need to wait on an assessor.

I'm not sure it's really worth having anything nice, at least not if you play by the rules 😂

·
Premium Member
Mk3 Ford Focus st-3 sprit blue
68 Posts
Some knob just went into the back quarter of the focus driver went to drive off but I pull the keys from the ignition looks worse than what it is will get some quotes 2moro it's pushed the quarter bumper and wheel suspension look OK but will put it on the lift at work
Wheel Tire Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Premium Member
2006 ST-2 MK2
398 Posts
@Graeme1986 What a complete ****, i hope you got the police on him.

Thread: dam idiots and their driving, coming up to small roundabouts and even with it being your right of way you get them speeding out on your left not even looking or braking to check if anyone's coming out, don't think they heard of the right has the right of way. Nearly 2 crashes in the space of 30 minutes and they had kids in the cars.

·
Premium Member
Mk3 Ford Focus st-3 sprit blue
68 Posts
Yeah he shouldn't be driving he had a ceasure or summit he was out for the count police came said he hasn't declared he has epilepsy I thought he was drunk at first till his wife said he has medical history then tried to tell the police there was nothing wrong with him

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
Yellow stuff brake pads.

In all my years of driving I've never come across a brake pad as bad as yellow stuff. I'd had them before on a previous car and they we're awful and unbelievably noisy then, but I thought maybe things may have changed. Clearly they haven't, they're still and awful pad and I can't stand to drive the car with them fitted. The squeal they make under light braking is horrific, I've done just under 100 miles and nothing has changed and I certainly can't stand to drive another 100 miles before doing the final bedding in. This isn't an isolated case either, a quick Google search gives lots of complaints on cars ranging from the vauxhall nova right up to Porsche and Ferrari. So for now the car is parked up until I fit the pagid pads I've ordered.

·
Premium Member
Mk3 ST305
183 Posts
Totally agree, they sound like just like Ned Beatty & the Hillbilly in the infamous scene from Deliverance. Changed to 'Red Stuff' pads, no squeal and very little dust too.

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
Yellow stuff brake pads.

In all my years of driving I've never come across a brake pad as bad as yellow stuff. I'd had them before on a previous car and they we're awful and unbelievably noisy then, but I thought maybe things may have changed. Clearly they haven't, they're still and awful pad and I can't stand to drive the car with them fitted. The squeal they make under light braking is horrific, I've done just under 100 miles and nothing has changed and I certainly can't stand to drive another 100 miles before doing the final bedding in. This isn't an isolated case either, a quick Google search gives lots of complaints on cars ranging from the vauxhall nova right up to Porsche and Ferrari. So for now the car is parked up until I fit the pagid pads I've ordered.
EBC are utter ****. Your quick Google searches will also result in a few results where deluded diehards are saying they are great and EBC fixed all their quality and performance issues 20 years ago but my experiences (corroborated by the experiences of others) tend to suggest this is not the case. I'm guessing a lot of people get sucked in by the advertising hype then are too ashamed to admit they got taken for a fool.

My first experience was greenstuff on a Mondeo, I followed the bedding in process to the letter but there was so much smoke that the whole carriageway was covered in it and it was downright dangerous. After that I had persistent brake vibration and generally quite poor stopping. I thought maybe I was unlucky and tried some redstuff due to the fact that the car was on a fat side. I just got continual brake fade even when not really used hard and when I had had enough and changed them, they fell out of the carriers in multiple pieces, the friction material having separated from the metal plate. No idea why decent guys like Andy risk their reputation selling this ****.

·
Premium Member
2006 ST-2 MK2
398 Posts
I watch some twitch streamers and always that one bighead that acts as if his the best at all in chat, spams like mad and butt kisses the streamer to get away with it, would be good if they was any good at what they show off about but they are as **** as blair was in #10.

Its like watching the bbc with all left only views.

(personal)
Them after supporting some and paying for them to do repairs on your car they rip the hell on gingers like its the 90's over again but knowing you just had your redhead wife and ginger son there, show offs everywhere.

3461 - 3480 of 3560 Posts