Ford Focus ST Forum banner
3441 - 3460 of 3560 Posts

·
Premium Member
Mike Mk2 ST225
2,634 Posts
I could rant for hours regarding the government at the moment. That's a huge part of my "rant" comment.

Accident management companies are another, even when they're not involved they seem to be able to cause a problem 😂

And solicitors are another part of my rant, I swear you pay to do their job ...

·
Premium Member
2006 ST-2 MK2
398 Posts
Spent all day ringing for a turbo down pipe gasket, not one shop had any and volvo gave the "don't know what it is mate"

31 shops, 3 ford dealers and two volvo dealers, ford it will be a week before we get any.

Don't anyone stock these things, you would think so with how many st mk2 on the road.

Rates with 24hr delivery but still why so hard to get a hold of one.

·
Registered
415 Posts
24hrs isnt bad.

We used to get parts 2day stock order some times 24hr on vor

Parts cos of covid/brexit are taking up to 5 days, no parts, no warehouse staff and no drivers.

Ford trust want paying before they order now ...

·
Premium Member
2006 ST-2 MK2
398 Posts
24hrs isnt bad.

We used to get parts 2day stock order some times 24hr on vor

Parts cos of covid/brexit are taking up to 5 days, no parts, no warehouse staff and no drivers.

Ford trust want paying before they order now ...
I ordered from rates due to the 24hr delivery but the two ford traders by me had stock in birmingham but said i had to wait a week for it if i'm lucky but seemed to not be bothered by the way they said it on the phone.

Most of the stores seemed to have the "can't care" attitude for some reason. I get the covid thing but when they use these parts on a near daily bases you would expect them to stock them to make things easier.

·
Premium Member
MK2 facelift st 2000 puma millennium Chinese 125cc scrambler
1,901 Posts
People who stop several car lengths away from the car in front at the traffic lights. Then spend the next 30-60 seconds slowly crawling forward so you have to keep moving forward. Why the hell can't they just pull up behind the car in front and stop until the lights change?

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,112 Posts
I drove in to work yesterday for the first time in 18 months after lockdown-led home-working....

How the hell I did that for all those years is beyond me !! o_O

Super-congested roads, dozy drivers crawling along and roadworks galore - there's no way I'm going back to the office. :eek:

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
O2 part 2.

So after the last contact with them, i was told ring back in 3 working days to check on the progress of things, fine, i gave them 5 days, no refund so ring them back, go through loads of details again, and they say give us 3 working days again and double check on the progress. 4 days later, still no refund, so I ring again, explain everything to the bloke who I could actually understand, nothing of what I had previously rung up about had been logged on the notes, there was no information about the refund i was expecting, so went through everything with this guy, the previous 5 people I have spoken to have severely messed things up, the payment of nearly £100 that was taken wasn't linked to the account I had rung up about, but turned out I they had closed and reopened the new account, so the near £100 charge was the early termination fee of the new sim, which was then reopened, also found out my old account which was meant to be cancelled is still active, so I have 2 active accounts, its all a complete mess, the guy I spoke to seemed very helpful, is taking things further and is going to get it sorted, and will be ringing back with a resolution.
What a nightmare!

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
A few years ago I had a problem with Vodafone. Every time I spoke to the help desk or used the online help it got worse and worse. Setting up new accounts seems to be their solution that solves nothing. In the end I suggested visiting the shop. The helpdesk were very dismissive of the shop staff ability to help me. I spoke to someone in the shop who suggested a new SIM card and lo and behold the problem was solved there and then.

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
Dentists!
I don't think anyone likes the dentist, but a recent experience has left me feeling a little less trusting, with mine anyway.

I went in for a filling (private too, so not cheap) on 30th July, was told it was deep and near to the nerve, so may need root canal treatment in the future.
Anesthetic wore off by late afternoon, was a little sore, which i expected, so took some painkillers, thought nothing of it, just had a big filling, pains going to be normal.
Next morning, face had started to swell up, so started taking max does of paracetamol and brufen until Tuesday morning, had pretty crappy sleep the whole time due to the pain, so Tuesday morning, I ring up and ask for an emergency appointment, my dentist is off so I see someone else who just says I have an infection, took an x-ray and prescribed me 5 days of amoxicillin antibiotics, the swelling had started to subside, but not by much, by the end of day 5, face still swollen, still very painful, still can't sleep. Now the infection / swelling is getting worse, so Monday morning, straight back onto the dentist, I need another emergency appointment, this time, I see my dentist, you just have an infection, I'm going to prescribe you another 5 days of antibiotics, but this time, amoxicillin and metronidazole, was told he would be very surprised if they didn't cure the infection, and the infection needs to be gone before he can do anything, and to come back in a couple of weeks for a review, but on the chance nothing happened, I'd have to book an emergency appointment at the dental hospital as there was nothing else he could do for me.
So book the review, go get the prescription and start the double course of antibiotics, now my face is seriously swollen, and its getting worse by the day, I thought to myself I'd give it until Wednesday night / Thursday morning and wait for the antibiotics to kick in and start working, still max dose of painkillers, I'm using oralgel, mouthwash with TCP, Corsodyl, salt water rinse, co-codamol, pain not going, still not able to sleep well at all and just getting worse, it was so bad that I could barely open my mouth, I couldn't even brush my teeth, the swelling was down the whole side of my jaw, on the underside of my jaw, my lips had started to swell up and and pain had started to work its way down my neck too,
So Wednesday morning, I rang up the emergency dental hospital, told them about everything, they were questioning what my dentist was doing about it, and that usually they wouldn't see people this way, but due to the severe swelling I had described to them, they said to get down to the hospital as soon as I could and I will be seen as soon as possible.

So arrive at the dental hospital, was seen fairly quickly, had a brief introduction with the nurse and then when I removed my mask, she was shocked by how bad the swelling was and she knew that it was now very serious. She was concerned the swelling / infection could be spreading up towards my brain or down to my heart, which she said could lead to death!
So i had to have loads of tests done, to make sure my vital organs weren't infected, I didn't have a fever or anything to worry about, had to have another x ray, then back to the nurse, then they confirmed it was the tooth that had just been filled, which turned out to be loose, now I didn't think about it until she said, but there was a lot of pressure and pushing from my dentist while he was doing his work, which I just assumed was normal, but I had mentioned the tooth felt a bit loose when i went in the 2nd time, but he just said its just because of the infection.
So, by this point, the nurse says your tooth HAS to come out today, we've booked the appointment with the surgeon and will be this afternoon.

So came back, got called up, after a lot of anesthetic, the dental surgeon removed the tooth, and very luckily was able to see where the infection was, so was able to cut into it and drain some of the puss, it could have been worse, as if they couldn't find the infection and drain anything out, I would of had to be admitted to the hospital, put to sleep and put on IV antibiotics to fight the infection, but very fortunate it didn't come to that!

But now, I still have some swelling, but no pain, which is the main thing!

·
Premium Member
MK2 facelift st 2000 puma millennium Chinese 125cc scrambler
1,901 Posts
People whining about being pulled by the police for daft car mods, usually followed by "don't they have anything else better to do". Well yes but when you're daft enough to offer it up on a plate then what do you expect.

I don't understand why you'd fit something to your car that screams pull me over. Also I don't understand the need to mess with the number plate, tinting it or making it ridiculously small or fitting it in a way that means it's not properly visible. It's almost as bad as people crying about getting caught speeding, we all speed, we all know the impactions if caught so grow up and take responsibility for your own actions.

·
Premium Member
Mike Mk2 ST225
2,634 Posts
Talking of getting caught speeding...

Google recommended me an article the other day about how all new cars are going to be limited to the speed limit by cameras and GPS etc... But it was a motorcycle website. It made the comment about how motorcycles aren't going to get the same tech at the same time but probably will in the future. And it actually said "is motorcycling as we know it about to change?"

Um. No it shouldn't do. Just like driving a car with this tech shouldn't change. Are they admitting to ignoring the speed limit because they're bikes? Think! Bike!

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
O2 part 3.
So the last guy I spoke to said he'd email someone and get back to me, that was last week, no contact as of yet so decided to go down to the O2 store after work to talk to someone face to face only to be told they can't do anything in store as issues relating to cancellations and refunds need to be dealt with by the complaints department, and was given an email address of the department who I'm told is there job to deal with all this **** and will do an investigation into it and sort it!
So fingers crossed I'll write them the email and someone will get back to me!

It's getting beyond ridiculous now, the guy in the store even said that the help desk are useless!

·
Premium Member
2006 ST-2 MK2
398 Posts
Drug dealers giving the "is it for sale" "they are nice cars" "oh there is one just like that for sale" and next you know some asian kids with the same described car shows up asking same thing. Yeah like i'm a idiot to not see a eye up to steal.

If anyone noticed a blacked out volvo c30, black, black wheels, 3 males asking questions then a per blue,black wheel st with a clean cut asian guy, mid 30's then just ring 101 about them. my area is dudley.

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
O2 part 4

So emailed the address given to me by the guy in the shop, a day later, email comes back, Undeliverable. Try again, double check the email is correct, a day later, comes back again, undeliverable.
Now I'm thinking of going to my bank, cancelling the direct debits and trying to claim back the funds!
I give up!

·
Premium Member
2006 ST-2 MK2
398 Posts
O2 part 4

So emailed the address given to me by the guy in the shop, a day later, email comes back, Undeliverable. Try again, double check the email is correct, a day later, comes back again, undeliverable.
Now I'm thinking of going to my bank, cancelling the direct debits and trying to claim back the funds!
I give up!
Get a appointment with CAB, tell them everything before doing so and get them to help as this can bite you in the butt later on. I had near the same but with my bank card being stolen and it destroyed my score, even with the bank being at fault for keeping the card live.

Go to CAB first before stopping anything.

3441 - 3460 of 3560 Posts