Ford Focus ST Forum banner
3401 - 3420 of 3422 Posts

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
My new rant- sitting in stationary traffic and getting rear ended by the person who thought I had moved .....
Thankfully minimal damage but still extra hassle and stresses where they're not necessary or needed :facepalm:
I worry about this all the time....
The standard of some peoples driving is appalling recently...
Hope it doesn't cost you too much to put right...

·
Premium Member
Mike Mk2 ST225
2,575 Posts
I worry about this all the time....
The standard of some peoples driving is appalling recently...
Hope it doesn't cost you too much to put right...
Fingers crossed. Going through insurance because she doesn't want to pay the cash quote. Hopefully it's all smooth sailing....

I understand these things are easy done in some situations but we were both stationary... Then she drove into me :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
Mike Mk2 ST225
2,575 Posts
@mcphail who ever it was that told me that said I need to get in touch with my insurers to find out the next step.

Phoned them and they said no, that can't be right we'll put you in touch with another company.

Send them the pictures and go through it again...

·
Premium Member
Mike Mk2 ST225
2,575 Posts
Maybe. Strangely they've called it drivable total loss and I can keep on driving without worries.

Bodyshop couldn't see any damage to be worried about. I couldn't see anything when I pulled up boot carpet and looked underneath the car.

Hell the bumper still seems to be sitting correctly and I thought we had rubbish clips that broke if you looked at them

·
Premium Member
Mike Mk2 ST225
2,575 Posts
It's like talking to the government :lol:
Rang up my insurance brokers and talked about the policy- asking how the modifications are covered and told I need to talk to the underwriters.
Transfer me to the underwriters, sorry we can't discuss this you need to talk to your brokers because you've taken the policy with them :facepalm:

Let's just wait until things progress then ask the questions to someone else who's actually looking at the numbers. Maybe they can offer assistance...

·
Premium Member
2006 ST-2 MK2
189 Posts
Bloody idiots, Just nearly got side swiped by some idiot that can't follow lines on a roundabout. Not sure why chavs have all this r.i.p **** all over their back windows which with how they drive could be why they are r.i.p. idiots.

·
Premium Member
MK2 facelift st and a retro Chinese 125cc scrambler
1,699 Posts
People with no common sense.

This week alone on Facebook I've seen 3 videos of people asking what's this knocking noise, 2 MK2 focus st and one tvr 3000m. In all 3 cases the engine was knocking considerably. Anyway my rant, why the hell is their first thought "I better rev it"?

·
Premium Member
2006 ST-2 MK2
189 Posts

This week alone on Facebook I've seen 3 videos of people asking what's this knocking noise, 2 MK2 focus st and one tvr 3000m. In all 3 cases the engine was knocking considerably. Anyway my rant, why the hell is their first thought "I better rev it"?
I always think the same, i have not long checked where the knock sensor is on the 225 and a few videos showed up of "what is this knocking" for the life of me i wanted to smack the kid, ** tap*tap* rev*rev high** bloody kids these days.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
And the second....I must ask someone on Facebook

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Getting ill - in itself bad enough...

But then trying to get a doctors apppoinment quickly, to see one at a weekend, to see the same doctor again for consistency, to get blood tests results looked at by the doctor who asked for them, to get a sicknote from the doctor who actually saw me - ALL IMPOSSIBLE !

In 2 weeks I've seen, spoke to or and had dealings with 4 different doctors and have no confidence that any of them understand my illness.

More blood tests are now ordered and its 5 weeks for a hospital scan appt. Meanwhile Im just on painkillers.

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,439 Posts
It can be easier getting a telephone appointment for those things that don't necessarily need face to face contact.
Although this is assumed to be inferior, the last (telephone) discussion I had with my GP lasted 25 minutes and gave me the chance to cover a whole range of subjects. You wouldn't get that at a face to face.

·
Premium Member
Mike Mk2 ST225
2,575 Posts
Why is nothing easy 😂

Got rear ended.Yay.

Other party accepts responsibility. Good.

First company dealing with the claim says the car is a write off.

Second company demands terms and conditions that I can't imagine anyone wanting to accept. Not that I've seen them all, but who agrees to waiting 2 months to be paid a percentage of the bill??

And this bit might belong in the rave thread but contacted the third party insurers as they've offered to deal with it if I'm not happy with my end (and my insurers are doing ok, telling me I can use the legal cover instead of my own insurance/these other companies because refusing terms is common) get asked to send pictures etc again and before I've even sent all that I'm getting a call from a local bodyshop that they've accidentally already asked to have my car in to look at/get fixed! Call them back and they confirm it was a mistake they just need to hear back about authorising my bodyshop to do the work now they've got the quote and pictures...

Fingers crossed it goes smoother now.

·
Premium Member
MK2 facelift st and a retro Chinese 125cc scrambler
1,699 Posts
Went to take the lad to football training this morning, pressed the unlock button on the key fob and nothing happens. Pulled the key blade out and manually unlock the door to pop the bonnet, the battery is dead.

I hooked up the jump start pack and the st fires up no problem, the alternator is charging and no lights or interior lights were left on. So I drive my son to training everything fine, come back to the car an hour later expecting the car to need the pack to start again as I've only driven for 20 minutes. I get in and notice the stereo is on, I've had this android stereo over 2 years and never had an issue even when being left for months. God knows what's happened but it was fine the other day when I used it. Anyway pulled the stereo and disconnected everything checked all the wires then plugged it back in and it's back to working how it should. For now the battery is on charge, hopefully it's not past the point of no return.

·
Premium Member
Nick - Mk3.5 FL ST3 Moondust Silver
5,662 Posts
Warning - this might be a long post!! Now I am normally a fairly easy going person. Somebody likes different music, wants to be overly religious, wants to be gay etc. that is fine as long as they don't try to push their beliefs on me & demand that either I follow their beliefs, change what I do, or demand extra special treatment for themselves because they are different - then complain when they get treated differently................ Same goes for people who want - or have to for medical reasons - eat different foods - not a problem.

Roll on to the weekend just gone & we had a whole load of Vegans (not from a Star Trek convention!!) camped outside the local meat processing factory here in town demanding that they stop production & that Burger King & McDonalds stop selling meat products & only sell vegan food. Now whether Burger King & Maccy D's actually sell meat is another topic but if I want a burger why should I not be able to go there & get one - just because someone else demands I shouldn't? I don't go to the Vegan shops here in town & demand they start selling meat?! I just don't go in & go to the butchers next door! So if this lot want to eat Vegan beef burgers (surely illegal to call them that!) why don't they buy them from the vegan shop & leave the rest of us to our meat? Now if they were protesting correctly I wouldn't have had a big an issue but they were camped outside the factory & blocking the lorries & workers from going about their lawful business of going to the factory. If anyone tried to go in they hurled abuse at them - along with bits of bushes at the lorries. They were also parking their cars in the road stopping anyone else from even driving past the factory to go anywhere else unrelated to the factory. In short being absolute morons. What were the Police doing about it? They had cordoned off the area & every Police van, car, bike, person etc. were all gathered there just watching them abuse, harass, intimidate & threaten people- and block the public highway as well as criminally damage the factory property. No arrests or anything??? They were even handing out bottles of water to them to keep them cool & hydrated!!!!
When I drove past my car got lumps of earth and branches thrown at me at which point I nearly got out to personally 'explain' to the morons why they shouldn't be doing it but didn't after the wife - also in the car - asked me not to on the basis that I would be the one likely to end up arrested. Hence we just went to the shops............. at which point I bought 6 of the biggest bags of the cheapest 75% off mince I could find. We then drove past the idiots again to get home as there was no other way at which point you can guess what I did..................................

Hint - we had salad that evening as it was still quite warm weather wise as we had no meat in the house .............................

You ever seen how far a bag of mince goes if thrown hard & how far the contents spread out when they hit objects - and people.............................!?!?!?!?!?

3401 - 3420 of 3422 Posts