Ford Focus ST Forum banner
3381 - 3400 of 3422 Posts

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
I am constantly fed up with people who let you down. Wheels went in to be refurbed on Friday 26th March, at the request of the owner. Timescale given was 5 days and should be ready the following Wednesday. Still without the car, and messaged him last Thursday, just come back to me this morning to advise he will get them done tomorrow as it is a Bank Holiday. Well Thursday wasn't a bank holiday, and now found out my car has been parked on axle stands outside the damn unit since last Monday.

Still trying to arrange the fitting of some parts and the bumper to be resprayed and both parties have not responded to messages from the middle of last week.

Time to find some people who actually want the business or at least respond within a decent timescale.

·
Premium Member
966 Posts
When you arrange for a skip to be delivered on a certain day, and they deliver it a day early and then arrogantly state "we deliver it when we want to", I ordered it specifically to be delivered on a certain day, not when you feel like it!

·
Premium Member
2006 ST-2 MK2
189 Posts
Third time this week some idiot chav in his MK3 st black, up my **** when picking wife up from work. Starting to dam hate it. Kids and their toys.

·
Premium Member
966 Posts
Ford online sellers, rates ford etc.

Not major but a couple of little things.
When looking for bolts from them, they come in packs of 5, so I've recently bought the rear wishbone bolts, I need 8 and they come in packs of 5, I bought 2 packs so will have 2 spares, front caliper bolts, come in packs of 5, who needs the extra bolt!

And I bought some screws for the RS airbox lid, £7 each delivered (cheaper online too). I ask if there is a bit of a discount for 4 of them, as I'm paying 4 lots of delivery for the screws which will come in the same envelope, saving 3 other envelopes and 3 other postage fees, plus it would save on eBay/PayPal fees for them, oh no, we are are cheaper than fords rrp and cannot offer any discounts.

It's little but it's annoying!

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,439 Posts
I'd take that a stage further Jason.

Why do car makers need bespoke fasteners in the first place?

If they used standard industry parts they would be widely available through life at minimal cost.

I worked in heavy industry and multi million pound pieces of equipment were still bolted down with off-the-shelf fasteners.

·
Premium Member
966 Posts
I'd take that a stage further Jason.
Why do car makers need bespoke fasteners in the first place?
If they used standard industry parts they would be widely available through life at minimal cost.
I worked in heavy industry and multi million pound pieces of equipment were still bolted down with off-the-shelf fasteners.
I'd guess to maximise their profits, but then when you sell millions of cars, why worry about the little things which could be generic items, just greed in my eyes :/

·
Premium Member
MK2 facelift st and a retro Chinese 125cc scrambler
1,699 Posts
For the most part the fasteners are just regular nuts and bolts that can be had quite easily once you know the size. There's nothing really special about them, certainly nothing completely bespoke.

Take the crankshaft pulley bolts I replaced, ford want £5 for 5. Or you can buy the same thing for half the price, I got a bag of 10 for £4.95

·
Premium Member
4,340 Posts
It grinds my gears that in the UK car manufacturers are allowed to sell certain components only as part of a larger unit. Want a bolt to hold the original crossover pipe for a Mk2? You need to buy the whole pipe. Airbox is the same.

In the USA they have to make the individual components available to buy separately.

The Mk2 Focus wasn't sold in the USA.

Don't get me started about the car specific clips and fasteners! There is over ten different shaped clips and fasteners that hold the chrome trim on the beltline of my Mini. None are cheap.

Grant you cars do have a lot of generic clips and fasteners, but they never seem to be the ones that break do they?

·
Premium Member
MK2 facelift st and a retro Chinese 125cc scrambler
1,699 Posts
In the USA they have to make the individual components available to buy separately.

The Mk2 Focus wasn't sold in the USA.
The us got some weird hybrid of MK1 and mk2 focus with bits of mk3 Mondeo thrown in.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Third time this week some idiot chav in his MK3 st black, up my :censored: when picking wife up from work. Starting to dam hate it. Kids and their toys.
It seems to be the other way round here. More kids in mk2's than mk3's. Maybe they can't afford the mk3 here

My rant....begging adverts...none specific just generally

·
Premium Member
2006 ST-2 MK2
189 Posts
It seems to be the other way round here. More kids in mk2's than mk3's. Maybe they can't afford the mk3 here

My rant....begging adverts...none specific just generally
The kid is around 20, his now got a mk2 st orange since police took his type R civic last week. his just driving around all day trying to get people to put their foot down. Would love to know where a jobless kid gets 4k for the mk2 never mind the money for the mk3.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
The kid is around 20, his now got a mk2 st orange since police took his type R civic last week. his just driving around all day trying to get people to put their foot down. Would love to know where a jobless kid gets 4k for the mk2 never mind the money for the mk3.
Or the money for the petrol.

·
Premium Member
Mike Mk2 ST225
2,575 Posts
My new rant- sitting in stationary traffic and getting rear ended by the person who thought I had moved .....

Thankfully minimal damage but still extra hassle and stresses where they're not necessary or needed :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
[quote name="Freddy42" post="7259475" timestamp="1621943951"]Or the money for the petrol.[/quote

insurance ?

3381 - 3400 of 3422 Posts