Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so had a smashing chri
mas and decided to go to halfrauds and spend some vouchers i had as a chrimbo pressie so loaded the kids into the car and set out to the shop...........

cruising along dual carrigeway and all of sudden this noise started coming from the passenger side rear wheel so stopped put hazards on and got out to investigate couldnt see nothing so thought must of run over something.....

so set off again going up thro the gears and same again so stopped again and to my horror after get on the road discovered that the reverse light bulb holder had come loose from its housing and swung into my tyre and taken a inch wide strip of tyre the complete way around my tyre so bad the wire is exposed!

so as a quick fix i cable tied the multiplug for the reverse light up so not to happen again but didnt have any sort of blade on me to cut the length of tyre away so had to use a hacksaw

but to top it all off cant remove rear wheels as both the mcguard locking wheel nuts have coroded and fell apart in my hand! so whilst limped car into halfords carpark set upon looking for the ratchet spanner set in the sale i had my eye on so managed to pick that up and a locking nut removal kit also so then set upon my mates garage after a quick phonecall to try and get the locking nuts off!

sucess the nuts came off after some persuading with a disc cutter and other tools so now can take my wheels off but to top it all off now came home and come down with this viral infection thats been going around
only just had it to weeks ago

can it get any worse!!!!!!!!!!!

so have to buy a pair of new 20" tyres as my january sale present to my

rant over

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im starting to think your misses has hijacked your account buddy !
no im just very down at the moment buddy had this virus twice now but throw in the probs with the car just does me

i will wear a radiation suit at the next meet i organise!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Did you keep your crumbled corroded McGuard wheel nuts? They'd be interested to hear that their products have corroded and crumbled!

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
no im just very down at the moment buddy had this virus twice now but throw in the probs with the car just does me

i will wear a radiation suit at the next meet i organise!
Well get a meet organised and get the
gang together and I promise Uncle Geoff will cheer you up
, maybe a brecon run so we can get out and stretch the ST's legs

·
Registered
152 Posts
Not having the best of times myself at the moment, oven packed upon Xmas day so the turkey went in the bin and we had to have cold ham and mash for dinner.
New oven now ordered but wont be here until next Thursday so in the meantime I decided to dig the deep fat fryer out of the cupboard and set about changing the oil as it had only been used once but that was about 3 years ago. 4 litres of fresh oil later and I was ready to go but a combination of kids fighting and the Mrs nagging I chucked in the chips and stuck the lid back on forgetting the big sign saying do not put lid on whilst cooking or if the oil is hot, instantly hot fat is spewing over the sides and all over the worktop, floor and all down the cupboard doors, took hours to clean up and I wasn't too popular.
Must be a family thing as my sister fell down the stairs 3 days before Xmas and broke her leg and my mother was helping her Xmas morning when 2 of her jack Russell's started fighting and in the process of splitting them up my mum was very badly bitten and had a 2 inch chunk of flesh torn out her arm so spent the rest of Xmas day and boxing day in hospital having a skin graft so no Xmas dinner at their house either.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Not having the best of times myself at the moment, oven packed upon Xmas day so the turkey went in the bin and we had to have cold ham and mash for dinner.
New oven now ordered but wont be here until next Thursday so in the meantime I decided to dig the deep fat fryer out of the cupboard and set about changing the oil as it had only been used once but that was about 3 years ago. 4 litres of fresh oil later and I was ready to go but a combination of kids fighting and the Mrs nagging I chucked in the chips and stuck the lid back on forgetting the big sign saying do not put lid on whilst cooking or if the oil is hot, instantly hot fat is spewing over the sides and all over the worktop, floor and all down the cupboard doors, took hours to clean up and I wasn't too popular.
Must be a family thing as my sister fell down the stairs 3 days before Xmas and broke her leg and my mother was helping her Xmas morning when 2 of her jack Russell's started fighting and in the process of splitting them up my mum was very badly bitten and had a 2 inch chunk of flesh torn out her arm so spent the rest of Xmas day and boxing day in hospital having a skin graft so no Xmas dinner at their house either.
Holy

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Did you keep your crumbled corroded McGuard wheel nuts? They'd be interested to hear that their products have corroded and crumbled!
No I threw email in the bin in disgust lol didn't think to keep them as warranty on car is up so just fitted the remaining 2 black durilium locking nuts I had left to fit on the car

1 - 17 of 17 Posts