Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which Torque link do people recommend and does it make much difference over the standard one?

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
4 options

POwerflex inserts in the existing one
Elevate
Vibratechnics
GGR own make

They all make a big difference to gear change and smoothness coming on and off throttle, the standard mount is very soft.

To me, the Vibratechnics is too hard for an St though, as it transmits too much vibration into the car, other people like it....

I had elevate on my

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Elevate gets my vote too... not that I have tried the others but not heard a bad thing about the elevate whilst I have heard lots of ppl say the same as mbaker above.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Elevate for me too, had the vibra version and was a relief to get it replaced before it shook the fillings out of my head

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Lol. No.

It stops the feeling of the engine swinging in the car under heavy on off acceleration. Which to me means the acceleration is more accurate and immediate if that makes sense. . Also gears tighten up so combine that with qs

·
Registered
874 Posts
Lol. No.

It stops the feeling of the engine swinging in the car under heavy on off acceleration. Which to me means the acceleration is more accurate and immediate if that makes sense. . Also gears tighten up so combine that with qs
Might have to add to shopping list then. Thanks Alan.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah i heard the Vibratechnics one was a little on the solid side

Seems most go with the elevate one, don't fancy burning my old rubber bushes out so powerflex one is a no, GGR one doesn't seem to get much notice?

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Fitting is pretty easy, just drop the undertray off and its there, they are generally very tightly bolted in though....

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Yeah i heard the Vibratechnics one was a little on the solid side

Seems most go with the elevate one, don't fancy burning my old rubber bushes out so powerflex one is a no, GGR one doesn't seem to get much notice?
The powerflex one is an insert which slots into the existing rubber mount, no burning out to do....

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The powerflex one is an insert which slots into the existing rubber mount, no burning out to do....
Ahh! i thought it replaced the rubber part of the standard ally mount.

Anyone using the powerflex one and any comparison to the elevate link?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Ahh! i thought it replaced the rubber part of the standard ally mount.

Anyone using the powerflex one and any comparison to the elevate link?
Been looking at these alot over the last few days. Beeing more drawn to the Elevate one. Looks impressive.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have standard mount with rubber and glue filling the voids, cost me £3 for some glue and does the trick. Much stiffer and not to much vibration

1 - 20 of 25 Posts