Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to check my gearbox oil level today but I could not get a spanner or a socket onto the level plug due to the shape of the gearbox and also the subframe being in the way!! Has anybody come across this before and is there a way round it?
Many Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
when i done mine i put the open ended side of the spanner over the bolt (in the same way as you put the socket over it if that makes sense)
then with the ring end use a bar to twist the spanner until loose worked a treat for me when i change my oil.
hope that makes sense easy enough to do just awkward

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
Why would you want to do this unless you have a leak or done gallatic miles (probably still not needed)?

·
Registered
59 Posts
QUOTE(Dennis @ 13 Jan 2010, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Why would you want to do this unless you have a leak or done gallatic miles (probably still not needed)?

maybe had clutch change recently/replaced cv,a leak he came on here asking for advice on how to do the job not asking to justify why he wanted to thats up to the owner himself!!!!!!.
i done mine to with 26k on the clock and changed for castrol driveline to help with cold mornin changes .

why post unhelpful posts ???

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
It was not meant to be unhelpful but advice, there is no need unless he has had a leak or somehthing (as i posted) and I did not want him getting stuck if he does not have the tools/equipment etc. or waste money uneccessarly

If it is not broke why fix it etc!!!!!!

·
Registered
414 Posts
QUOTE(Dennis @ 13 Jan 2010, 11:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It was not meant to be unhelpful but advice, there is no need unless he has had a leak or somehthing (as i posted) and I did not want him getting stuck if he does not have the tools/equipment etc. or waste money uneccessarly

If it is not broke why fix it etc!!!!!!
uhhh

·
Registered
59 Posts
not tryin to cause arguement or anythin mate , just stating that whatever his reason is his own and we dont really need to know, the advice he needs/wants is how to do the job.

i will finish at that and hope he gets it sorted if he needs any more advice more than welcome to pm me

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,448 Posts
QUOTE(maydew @ 13 Jan 2010, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>maybe had clutch change recently/replaced cv,a leak he came on here asking for advice on how to do the job not asking to justify why he wanted to thats up to the owner himself!!!!!!.
i done mine to with 26k on the clock and changed for castrol driveline to help with cold mornin changes .

why post unhelpful posts ???

out of intrest mate, did the castrol driveline help? never heard of anyone changing to this, but if it helps with the
gear change i fully understand your reasons now.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i ran a 380bhp scooby on it and the new owner is now running the car at 451bhp thats how i came about using it as its recommended for all scooby 6 speeds.
i believe it made a difference as even on the summer mornings it was rough till warm and since change been sound since . its a quality oil believe its mineral based as fully syn can be too slippery for the syncros causing notchyness.

all halfords stock it.

2litres needed to replace

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,448 Posts
QUOTE(maydew @ 13 Jan 2010, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i ran a 380bhp scooby on it and the new owner is now running the car at 451bhp thats how i came about using it as its recommended for all scooby 6 speeds.
i believe it made a difference as even on the summer mornings it was rough till warm and since change been sound since . its a quality oil believe its mineral based as fully syn can be too slippery for the syncros causing notchyness.

all halfords stock it.

2litres needed to replace

cheers mate, must give it a try.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(maydew @ 13 Jan 2010, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>when i done mine i put the open ended side of the spanner over the bolt (in the same way as you put the socket over it if that makes sense)
then with the ring end use a bar to twist the spanner until loose worked a treat for me when i change my oil.
hope that makes sense easy enough to do just awkward

Thanks mate I will give it a go!

QUOTE(Dennis @ 13 Jan 2010, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Why would you want to do this unless you have a leak or done gallatic miles (probably still not needed)?

I was giving the
a oil and filter change and I always check the gearbox level everytime just to be sure!

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
QUOTE(Andy86_ST2 @ 14 Jan 2010, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was giving the
a oil and filter change and I always check the gearbox level everytime just to be sure!

OCD, over the top.........just a few things that come to mind.....signs of a true ST owner, welcome to the cub

1 - 15 of 15 Posts