Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) should the oil pressure gauge always be almost at the top? mines starts high but never really goes below the first mark down. I asked earlier in the shout box and was told it should fluctuate between under halfway and full but it seems to only go between this second top line and the top line. Normal or problem?

2) Sports steering, anyone use this and think it is better than standard? I want to try but in current weather a bit wary about trying it out so thought I would ask folks oppinions on it.

3) my Iphone seems to only connect to the BT if the stereo is actually on. Then sometimes is has recent calls and phone books etc but quite often it doesn't.... then at some random point later they are available again - any ideas?

3.1) Is there a quick step guide to setting up voice dialing or favourite numbers anywhere I can read whilst I am at work?

Cheers folks!

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
The oil pressure reads high until the engine has warmed up and should then drop to about half way, also when you increase speed.

It might take a bit longer in cold weather but you should check the oil level because the gauges wont show you if it is low or not until it is too late.

As for the steering setting I didnt see much difference between the 3 but stuck with Sport just in case

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Checked the oil and if anything it is a bit high, tho that was not long after stopping the car so hard to tell. Even on a run to Manchester from Edinburgh it never dropped below the second top mark. Will go double check the oil level now.

·
Registered
484 Posts
high oil level will make oil pressure higher. it noramally goes on the 3.5-4bar bit for me. takes a while to heat up properly. then drops to between 1/2 and 3/4. check your level when well cold and then that will give you an idea aslong as its not low then you have bother.

bluetooth only works when your stereo is on, as it works thru the headunit. if you dont want to listen to music but want the phone on just press the aux button , silence and your phone will still be connected.
as for the fav numbers i aint got round to it yet but im sure its in the manual.

i have mine in sport nice and heavy, less assistance normally means more feedback thru the wheel so you might find it better in these conditions tbh.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oil is spot on and worked out that to store numbers (and radio stations) you hit the voice button and then say "Store Name" and follow the prompts. Pretty accurate once I worked out to say zero and no "oh"

Seems to work for radio station too once you say radio first. Now to work out what the hell the random numbers mean on DAB

·
Registered
437 Posts
iv noticed this with my phone, even though its connected it takes a while for the numbers/names to upload to the headunit, also if you leave it sitting on the dail name before it uploads it sometimes wont refresh so u have to go back to the main phone menu then go back to the dail options.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
wait...you can dial numbers directly out your phonebook? I've never found that on my pre-facelift with touchscreen satnav, all it gives me is a keypad to dial with.

The voice control thing is complete rubbish, I tried to use it once and the stupid woman never understood me so I concluded she was deaf and left it well alone.

Never noticed any difference either between the steering settings.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I can dail phone contacts/recent numbers via Headunit or Voice Activation. Voice activation works kind of ok if u read what keywords set it off, im pritty sure it uses the voice recognition from ur phone to dail the numbers allthough its ify when driving or with a/c on usualy have to speak a with a higher tone.

·
Registered
379 Posts
QUOTE(Craig_SG1 @ 26 Dec 2009, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Question - what is sports steering?

you can choose in the menu in the dash which steering setting to have, theres normal, sport and comfort.

not noticed a big difference between them but i have it on comfort as i find its lighter for town driving and parking and whatnot.

·
Registered
261 Posts
QUOTE(Glenster @ 26 Dec 2009, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>you can choose in the menu in the dash which steering setting to have, theres normal, sport and comfort.

not noticed a big difference between them but i have it on comfort as i find its lighter for town driving and parking and whatnot.

on all ST's? If so how do you do that?

·
Registered
379 Posts
QUOTE(Craig_SG1 @ 26 Dec 2009, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>on all ST's? If so how do you do that?

when the engines running and ur not moving, theres a menu where the mileage is, use the thing u scroll thru the temp and mpg with on the indicator stalk, u willl get to a settings heading, go into that and u can change other things like the steering and how much it beeps

·
Registered
261 Posts
QUOTE(Glenster @ 26 Dec 2009, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>when the engines running and ur not moving, theres a menu where the mileage is, use the thing u scroll thru the temp and mpg with on the indicator stalk, u willl get to a settings heading, go into that and u can change other things like the steering and how much it beeps

AHHH, you learn something new every day! Thanks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts