Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw on the Local news tonight that Gary Neville's got plans to build a 'super ECO house', carbon free buried half underground with heating from wind generator and heated from the ground etc.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...t-hillside.html

Looking at the artists impression i'm glad to see he's got his priorities right and arranged parking spaces for the usual eco-transport - Range Rover Sport Supercharged, couple of Bentleys and a Jag XK :lol

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
his current house looks much better.

does he not get that although he may move into an eco house (not that it makes any difference in the first place) that someone will still live in his current house and his new house isn't going to magically build itself? I
hate eco-warriors. bunch of *******.

when the STOC lottery syndicate hits the jackpot I'm going to waste all my money on "carbon footprint intensive" stuff and burn it.

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
what a
idiot! hes so full of hot air, he can probably heat his current mansion for free, no need to build another one.

·
1,285 Posts
time!!!!!

This is funny to read....

Because he is a footballer and earns shed loads of money, you hate him... because he plays for a team you don't support, you hate him!!

What if he were a high profile figure such as someone who has raised millions for charity and donates their time for free to worthwhile causes... would you still hate this person because they wanted to build an eco house?

Good luck to him, its nice to see that he is protecting his childrens future by using eco friendly materials etc!! If only I could afford such a house, then I would as well... it doesn't make me a "leftie" or an "eco warrior" of any sorts because I drive a car with high emissions and I am probably the worst for recycling etc etc, I just want my children and their children and so on a good clean future!! The house is the way forward. Whether or not he is a footballer with loads to spend, it makes no difference!!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Storm .. I don't hate him because he's rich or plays for man scum
I can't stand the man because he's tarnished his football career by not been able to keep his mouth shut and always Slags players and other teams off ... He should keep his gob shut and let his football do the talking

·
1,285 Posts
QUOTE(focus149 @ 27 Jan 2010, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Storm .. I don't hate him because he's rich or plays for man scum
I can't stand the man because he's tarnished his football career by not been able to keep his mouth shut and always Slags players and other teams off ... He should keep his gob shut and let his football do the talking

So what does his attitude on the pitch have to do with him building an eco house?

You DO hate him because he is a footballer or those comments you just typed wouldn't apply! So what if he is a mouthy bloke? Doesn't make a difference on the way he lives his life or see's his future in one of these houses!?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
All i said was that I hoped it caved in .. All the other people that posted also commented on him been a
so why not have a dig at them aswell ?!?

I don't care if he builds his teletubby house , and goes all Eco ... Bet he doesn't give up his Audi r8 tho !!

·
1,285 Posts
QUOTE(focus149 @ 27 Jan 2010, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>All the other people that posted also commented on him been a
so why not have a dig at them aswell ?!?

Not having a dig at you!! You replied to my post so I replied back!! My post was not "aimed" at anyone on particular.... Just an observation

·
Captain Slow
16,287 Posts
Wonder if Mr. Tevez will get an invite to the house warming party

QUOTEwhen the STOC lottery syndicate hits the jackpot I'm going to waste all my money on "carbon footprint intensive" stuff and burn it. great idea BTW sir

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,448 Posts
hes till a
in my opinion! yes hes famous, yes hes rich, but that just means hes a famous, rich
. who by the way wants to live in a hole in the ground, so he can feel better driving about in his range rover, or whatever other supercar he has! eco my
if he wants to be eco he should get a bicycle and make a house out of all the
hes full of

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
QUOTE(stingy @ 27 Jan 2010, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hes till a
in my opinion! yes hes famous, yes hes rich, but that just means hes a famous, rich
. who by the way wants to live in a hole in the ground, so he can feel better driving about in his range rover, or whatever other supercar he has! eco my
if he wants to be eco he should get a bicycle and make a house out of all the
hes full of

^ ^ ^^^^
^^^^^^^

I agree what a
!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
QUOTE(Storm @ 27 Jan 2010, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
time!!!!!

This is funny to read....

Because he is a footballer and earns shed loads of money, you hate him... because he plays for a team you don't support, you hate him!!

What if he were a high profile figure such as someone who has raised millions for charity and donates their time for free to worthwhile causes... would you still hate this person because they wanted to build an eco house?

Good luck to him, its nice to see that he is protecting his childrens future by using eco friendly materials etc!! If only I could afford such a house, then I would as well... it doesn't make me a "leftie" or an "eco warrior" of any sorts because I drive a car with high emissions and I am probably the worst for recycling etc etc, I just want my children and their children and so on a good clean future!! The house is the way forward. Whether or not he is a footballer with loads to spend, it makes no difference!!

Storm, if Bill Gates (of whom I am a fan) wanted to build this house I'd still call him a fool for it because he would be caving into the ecowarrior bullshizzle. The fact that it's the tosspot neville trying to build this house just makes it easier to call him a twonk and laugh. If I had £8,000,000 to spare the absolute last thing I'd consider doing is building a house that was specifically "eco-friendly". I might build one with solar panels but only because that would eventually save me money but it would never be conceived on the idea of saving the environment/world.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
The fact the man may be a
in some people's eyes is neither here nor there. What we're looking at here is a dude who wants to build a rather cool crib and in the process doesn't want to get persecuted for doing so.

I agree with Storm it doesn't make him a leftie or a greenpeace tree hugging hippy, it's all to do with the idea of turning light bulbs etc off when you're not using them. If one person does it, it makes
all difference, but if everyone does it makes a massive difference. So at least he's trying bless him

I'm sure you'd would too if you had the prospect of tubby toast and tubby custard to wake up to every morning! Let alone a sentient hoover that willingly cleans up all the guff up afterwards.

I'm certain some of these comments are targeted at his football club, but then what do I care I follow the Toon!

·
1,285 Posts
QUOTE(Mart170 @ 27 Jan 2010, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The fact the man may be a
in some people's eyes is neither here nor there. What we're looking at here is a dude who wants to build a rather cool crib and in the process doesn't want to get persecuted for doing so.

I agree with Storm it doesn't make him a leftie or a greenpeace tree hugging hippy, it's all to do with the idea of turning light bulbs etc off when you're not using them. If one person does it, it makes
all difference, but if everyone does it makes a massive difference. So at least he's trying bless him

I'm sure you'd would too if you had the prospect of tubby toast and tubby custard to wake up to every morning! Let alone a sentient hoover that willingly cleans up all the guff up afterwards.

I'm certain some of these comments are targeted at his football club, but then what do I care I follow the Toon!

!!

People are missing the point... the fact that it's Gary Neville makes peoples anger come out towards him. Had it been your favourites team striker who can do no wrong (Webby, do you have one of those??
) would you still be as abusive? No I don't think you would.

The point is that no matter what you think about the environment, like it, hate it, whatever, one person, albeit a controversial footballer, has taken a step which he feels is contributing to a better future, so why mock him? Are we jealous of him and his wealthy lifestyle? Are we jealous that he can build an eco house? maybe, maybe not. Who cares who it is and who cares what he spends his money on... !!!

If he put forward plans to create a landfill site next to your home, guaranteeing millions of tons of rubbish a year would go past your doorstep, then I can see a valid arguement... but if he is planning on spending money on an enviromentally friendly house that won't affect you in any way, whats the issue!!

If I can contribute to turning off lights at work or plugs around the home then that makes me feel a little better, hardly makes me an eco warrior of leftie of any sort! It just appears to me that he is ridiculed because of the team he plays for and the fact he is a "controversial" figure!

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
If he kept his mouth shut he would contribute a lot more to reducing Co2 emission's and anyone who has the money and cares about the environment would start with making improvements to their current house's rather than tearing up the countryside

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,448 Posts
QUOTE(Paulted @ 27 Jan 2010, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If he kept his mouth shut he would contribute a lot more to reducing Co2 emission's and anyone who has the money and cares about the environment would start with making improvements to their current house's rather than tearing up the countryside

100% correct.

·
Registered
269 Posts
One of the best right back's in the business, how many league, european and FA cups under his belt? Yeah he might be a gob
but he's a
wicked footballer. Im a united fan and follow them most places, as a team awesome as ppl most of them are probably
. Do i care where he lives or what he lives in no.

I can think of better things to spend 8 mil on, like vegas, cars, a massive eco non friendly house...oh and a box at old trafford.

P.s I can actually see him as a boot licker, 'rooney pass me that nike zoom im peckish'

1 - 19 of 19 Posts