Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's literally nowhere to put this phone in the Focus. My old one dropped nicely into the middle cup holders but the SIII is too big.

Must be someone else with the same problem, what holders do you use?

·
Registered
962 Posts
The passenger seat because its

a. Quieter than the missus
b. Takes up less room than the missus
c. Weighs less than the missus and so saves me fuel

In all seriousness though I'm sure it kind of fits in that double cup holder? Enough to keep it in place anyway

·
Registered
210 Posts
It fits if you place it facing the driver, but then slides about under acceleration and braking... It's too wide to go in facing the rear!

Just after some positive opinions about holders if possible instead of buying one blind.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
It fits if you place it facing the driver, but then slides about under acceleration and braking... It's too wide to go in facing the rear!

Just after some positive opinions about holders if possible instead of buying one blind.
you shouldnt be accelerating hard tut tut..........all joking aside...i had a holder for an old phone and the sides where adjustable...infact i think most are...as long as it fits in it will be fine...any cheap phone accessory shop should stock em...try before you buy

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
Look at Brodit mounts. I have two mounts for the Focus ST that I'm selling. You would then just need the Samsung other half from Brodit also.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I have 2 off these magnets http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TETRAX-FIX-MAGNETIC-CAR-DASH-HOLDER-FOR-IPHONE-3G-4-4S-5-IPOD-MOBILE-SMART-PHONE-/221174170237?pt=UK_Holders_Mounts&hash=item337f02027d (i didn't pay that price but couldn't find the cheaper ones
) you just stick the magnet wherever you like on the dash and a little domed bit off metal sticks to the back off your phone, doesn't bother me as it's stuck to my otterbox case

Now I can see what track is playing whilst streaming music via bluetooth

·
Registered
988 Posts
I pretty much do the same with my Keller magnet mounts off eBay, bought 10 of them for £11 pounds and have never looked back

·
Registered
777 Posts
i have a cheap Gel case from Ebay, strip of velcro on it and i small piece on my dash. Also run a window mount so i can record my car journeys.

·
Formally Coca
1,576 Posts
I have 2 off these magnets http://www.ebay.co.u...=item337f02027d (i didn't pay that price but couldn't find the cheaper ones
) you just stick the magnet wherever you like on the dash and a little domed bit off metal sticks to the back off your phone, doesn't bother me as it's stuck to my otterbox case

Now I can see what track is playing whilst streaming music via bluetooth
Just ordered the Tetrax system. I went for the one that screws into the vent. Cost £16.50. I think it's a great system. Thanks for the heads up

1 - 20 of 20 Posts