1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I wonder if anyone can help?????

I recently purchased an
-2 with mountune package and cat back exhaust. (very impressed!)

I am looking for my next modifications and am thinking of getting the Mountune downpipe and sportcat (i'm a bit OCD like that
)

Just wondered if anyone has all these modifications and what power/torque figures they are producing?

Cheers everyone

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(thestumper @ 9 Dec 2009, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Above is a quote from Dave at Mountune. So with the standard kit and downpipe/sportscat you should be looking at around 280PS & 420NM.

Excellent! My letter is going to go off to Santa ASAP

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmmmm....Interesting figure Jimothy and loko
I must admit that mine does feel quite a bit quicker than the quoted 260ps / 400nm anywayI ran a mk1 Focus RS for 6 years with 251bhp and 380nm and the
Mountune seems quicker (smoother too
)QUOTE(Jimothy @ 10 Dec 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My Car with out the down pipe and cat made 271bhp and 325ftlb Mountune are fitting the rest of bits on the 4th Jan i might pop it into AMD for another RR see what the power gains are.
Would be interested in those results for sure!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(loko @ 10 Dec 2009, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i know, looks good on paper though doesnt it

Wish it was an ST-2 on the paperwork because i'd like to steal those figures for my own bragging rights

Saying that, nothing that a little photoshopping can't sort

·
Registered
65 Posts
QUOTE(loko @ 10 Dec 2009, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>wait till those figures are published in fast ford and then all the arguing can start again

Can't wait for that, love a good

Always amuses me how seriously RR figures are taken, i've had cars that have produced wildly different figures on different RR's but have performed very consistently on the Real Road!

But in all fairness, if i were you.... i'd be taken those figures as gospel truth

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As i'm sure everbody already knows, EVO mag's Mountune
long termer produced 285bhp / 384lbft on their local RR

At least they had the good sense to put their RS mk2 long termer on the same rollers for a comparison 294bhp / 370lbft

Oh dear... think i might have just opened another
again

As i'm booked in for the NW meet at Ric Woods, i think i might hold off the downpipe and sportcat until i have the standard benchmark figure!
If i'm not happy, i can get the mods and go back to Ric Woods as i only live 2 miles away

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
QUOTE(ThcKid @ 11 Dec 2009, 09:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As i'm sure everbody already knows, EVO mag's Mountune
long termer produced 285bhp / 384lbft on their local RR

At least they had the good sense to put their RS mk2 long termer on the same rollers for a comparison 294bhp / 370lbft

Oh dear... think i might have just opened another
again

As i'm booked in for the NW meet at Ric Woods, i think i might hold off the downpipe and sportcat until i have the standard benchmark figure!
If i'm not happy, i can get the mods and go back to Ric Woods as i only live 2 miles away

I have also read this copy of evo mag. The Rs does feel a lot slower than the Mountune upto 100mph Rs has no get up and go where the Mountune is on it from the get go, even the saleman who i put my deposit down for my Rs said the mountune is quicker after driving my one back to back with Rs

I bet in evo rolling road test the cars where run in 3rd gear the lbft is too high.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE(Jimothy @ 11 Dec 2009, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have also read this copy of evo mag. The Rs does feel a lot slower than the Mountune upto 100mph Rs has no get up and go where the Mountune is on it from the get go, even the saleman who i put my deposit down for my Rs said the mountune is quicker after driving my one back to back with Rs

I bet in evo rolling road test the cars where run in 3rd gear the lbft is too high.

i agree, better to run torque in 3rd on a 5 speed gearbox, 4th on a 6 speed

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
QUOTE(ThcKid @ 11 Dec 2009, 08:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>But in all fairness, if i were you.... i'd be taken those figures as gospel truth

lets just say that printout went round the pub among my mates on the saturday night and caused much amusement as 2 are scooby owners and one drivers a civic type r, the rest werent bothered as they think torque is something their girlfriends are good at doing

1 - 20 of 22 Posts