Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now, this isnt a thread about me asking things that I'm planning, just after a facutal answer if its known.

Having read numerous threads where people say the ST is flat if all the mods such as, cooler, 3" downpipe and exahaust are fitted, does it actually 'lose' any power/torque/response by not having a remap? or just feel flat?

has this been proven?

Cheers
Rob

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
People have said it feels flat, which I can understand with the decat giving the system a bit of a shock. I think someone ran about 252BHP on here with full mods and no map. Someone ran 28xBHP at Motorscope a while back which I was a bit shocked at...

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
The only reason it will feel flat on full mods with stock tune is because you've flashed back to stock from a big tune. Then of course it will feel flat.

I ran my car stock tune on stage 3.5 mods and it was pretty quick. Was actually nice to drive but the extra power is a risk on stock tune as it can detonate easily. Needs a tune on there to run it richer.

I reckon you could get a nice custom tune by just cleaning up the stock tune with a little massage. Make it richer, alter cam timing etc etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts