Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

I'm new to the forum and a proud owner of a 59 plate Focus ST in Ice White :)

Cracking car and running some nice mods.

Currently I have an issue where when I boost the gauge goes into the red then immediately drops slightly and then re-boosts again. What could be causing this?

Here's a short video showing the issue (bad quality but you get the picture).

Any help would be much appreciated

· Registered
1,363 Posts
This is quite normal from a remapped car, if you just plant your foot you get full boost then if the ECU isn't quite happy with traction & a load of other factors it backs off the boost until it is happy with them & then re-applies it, try booting it gradually & you will find it holds full boost.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is quite normal from a remapped car, if you just plant your foot you get full boost then if the ECU isn't quite happy with traction & a load of other factors it backs off the boost until it is happy with them & then re-applies it, try booting it gradually & you will find it holds full boost.
That's great thanks mate :)

· Registered
4,749 Posts
That's overboost. The ECU pulls back the throttle to let the turbo come back under control and re-applies throttle. I used to get it a lot in 4th gear on Pumaspeed U412.

With the RS engine in but still on U412 it basically lives in a throttle limited state in 3rd gear. Boost target is 19 psi and the RS engine wants to do well over 20 psi. Can't wait for proper tuning for it.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts