Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all, ford want £65, JW racing sell the pressure sensor for £50 for the 08 St, are they the same part does anyone know, will it fit an 07 car?

Thanks Lee

·
Registered
62 Posts
Im getting p0193 code come up so going to get one from jw racing. They pretty easy to fit?
If you have a fault code reader it will be better because you will get a load of codes that need clearing. Just pull the fuse for the fuel pump, run the engine until it stalls, remove the old sensor from the end of the rail, put the new sensor in, replace fuel pump fuse, click ignition on and wait for a minute, start engine, then just clear the faults. Job done.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi all,

My engine light came on about a month ago. It was a lose fuel cap and it went away after I screwed it on properly. The light came on again. It went off when I started the car in test mode and did a gauge sweep. I've just got a code reader and I've got a p0193 fault code. There are no adverse symptoms so to me it points to a sensor issue rather than a fuel pump issue? I'm looking at changing the pressure sensor but was wondering if there's anything else I should look at.

Thanks in advance.

Roger

·
Premium Member
Chris - Mk2 ST XRS
1,127 Posts
You could inspect the sensor and wiring for any signs of damage and clean up the contacts with electrical cleaner. Reset the code and see whether it returns. Depending on what code reader you have you may also be able to read the fuel rail pressure in real time

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi all,

I have the same problem P0193, EML comes on when the fuel level drops to a quarter of a tank, am i right in thinking this maybe fuel pump on the way out? There is no symptoms when driving. Or possibly just the fuel rail sensor? also if i was to replace the Fuel pump will i have to worry about the Revo 2 remap the car has had?

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,671 Posts
The sensor has a history of premature failure so it's worth ruling out first.

A new pump is quite expensive.

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,671 Posts
Don't hold your breath, he hasn't been around for more than 2 years.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts