Ford Focus ST Forum banner
141 - 160 of 168 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 Focus ST-3 247 PS - Private plate not the one pictured but same car
33 Posts
There is no shortage of oil, but the oil price is free to go as high as it likes due to open markets. It should be regulated, the costs haven’t gone up, but the fat cats want to make money from a war.
More the OPEC countries agreeing to push the price of oil sale contracts up. Oil is sold 3+ months ahead of time. The stuff on forecourts currently was probably brought Christmas time or just after new year.

Regulation might help, but comes with it's own set of issues. What really needs to happen is abolishing VAT on fuel which would drop the price of fuel massively overnight. Government won't do that though because it's pricing the plebs off the road as they try to force ICEs to the scrap heap in favour for the racketeering scheme of EVs.

·
Premium Member
527 Posts

·
Registered
Mk4 ST280
1,496 Posts
I think the most frustrating thing is that the forecourt price will go up almost instantly with a rise in oil price. But then the oil companies will roll out the excuses about buying ahead when it’s time to lower them again.

·
Registered
MK2 facelift st 2000 puma millennium Chinese 125cc scrambler
2,240 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but is anyone else sick of seeing the plebs on Facebook using the high fuel prices and driving their st as a flex?

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Not being on FB, now that's a flex.
Not really, if you use it for the usual showing off and bragging and look how good my life is then its just another pointless platform. But for me it's been an incredibly helpful tool. I've sold hundreds of pounds worth of car parts to people all over the world, found unobtainable parts that have been impossible to find in the UK, I found my puma on Facebook and the guy who build stainless steel versions of the now no longer available ford racing puma exhaust system, the company who rebuilt my head was found on Facebook and I've found so much information that was either hidden behind forum paywalls or couldn't be found anywhere else.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Being reasonably obtuse and also not on Facebook what is a flex ?
Bragging basically. In context with my post, people Bragging about using a mk2 st as their daily whilst paying £2 a litre. One post I saw along the lines of don't care about fuel costs, gets people off the road and the whole smiles per miles ****.

141 - 160 of 168 Posts