Ford Focus ST Forum banner
121 - 140 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,250 Posts
Whoopee-doo!! A whole £2.75 reduction in the cost of a tankful. Trebles all round.
£3.30 saving on a 55-litre tank according to the RAC.

(A 5p cut in the fuel duty leads to a 6p saving per litre (remember, VAT is paid on fuel duty too) and £3.30 saving per tank.)

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
£3.30 saving on a 55-litre tank according to the RAC.

(A 5p cut in the fuel duty leads to a 6p saving per litre (remember, VAT is paid on fuel duty too) and £3.30 saving per tank.)
Brilliant news, thanks for clarifying that. I've come over all giddy, knowing I'll have a further 55 pence which I can perhaps use to offset my gas and electricity bills. 2022's shaping up to be an absolute belter now. Cheers Rishi you're all heart.

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,585 Posts
Brilliant news, thanks for clarifying that. I've come over all giddy, knowing I'll have a further 55 pence which I can perhaps use to offset my gas and electricity bills. 2022's shaping up to be an absolute belter now. Cheers Rishi you're all heart.
I could help you save even more than that on your energy bills - how would you fancy earning 1% back of everything you buy and that comes directly off of your energy bill?

Reactions: Jason Sullivan

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
I could help you save even more than that on your energy bills - how would you fancy earning 1% back of everything you buy and that comes directly off of your energy bill?
I'm intrigued, pray tell.

·
Registered
Jason SB MK3 RS MAXD 400
3,478 Posts
My misses sorted one of those for us you get a cashback card which you transfer an amount onto use in shops and the cashback gets knocked of your energy bills. Some retailers are a little more than 1% but Tesco where most of our would be used is only 1% :)

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,585 Posts
If anybody else is interested in finding out more give me a PM. My partner is being made redundant shortly and is trying to build up a customer base :)

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,250 Posts
BTW it's only the second ever fuel tax cut and by far the biggest.

But whatever the Govt do the media ignore and concentrate on what more they could've done.

Like the BBC today spouting a 'think tank' saying it'll put another 1.3m people into poverty... making 12.3m that 'cant afford basic necessities'.

Ridiculous.

·
Registered
Mike Mk2 ST225
2,749 Posts
What annoyed me about this with the media was the "5p reduction benefits the rich more! Reports show wealthy use 5x as much fuel so will save 5x more than the poor whilst those who don't want to work (paraphrasing and I know isn't 100% accurate/fair, probably about 65%) are only getting 3% rise! (Conveniently ignoring how many companies are going to say "we can't afford to give a rise/we can't afford to keep you)

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,585 Posts
I'm not sure that's particularly clever reporting - yes people who buy more petrol will save more obviously, but they will also spend more to do that. It's all relative.

Reactions: teflonbilly

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
BTW it's only the second ever fuel tax cut and by far the biggest.

But whatever the Govt do the media ignore and concentrate on what more they could've done.

Like the BBC today spouting a 'think tank' saying it'll put another 1.3m people into poverty... making 12.3m that 'cant afford basic necessities'.

Ridiculous.
Please, don't get me started on the BBC and their blatant left wing bias. In their eyes, a Conservative government is the root of all evil who can do nothing right. Conveniently overlooking Labour's woeful inadequacies and their legacy of debt, due to shameless overspending of public funds on self-serving vanity projects. Then conveniently blaming the incumbent Conservative administration for introducing austerity measures to redress the situation. Poverty today is relative, in that supposedly 'poor' people, who are reportedly reliant on food banks, can somehow still possess a mobile phone, be clad in branded sportswear, drink alcohol, eat takeaway's and smoke. I'm not suggesting denying people their simple pleasures in life, but it's a matter of priorities.

·
Premium Member
2013 Focus ST-3 247 PS - Private plate not the one pictured but same car
33 Posts
If only we all knew at the time fuel prices would be at the giddy heights we see now.... £1.80+ for 99 unleaded...

Think I'll start making my own fuel at this rate, the setup of a pyrolizer and waste plastic is cheaper!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
If only we all knew at the time fuel prices would be at the giddy heights we see now.... £1.80+ for 99 unleaded...

Think I'll start making my own fuel at this rate, the setup of a pyrolizer and waste plastic is cheaper!
I paid 1.95.9p the other day for Esso supreme, and it wasn't even a service station!

Where are all the boffins that created the technology to run engines on hydrogen decades ago ??

·
Premium Member
2013 Focus ST-3 247 PS - Private plate not the one pictured but same car
33 Posts
Silenced by the oil companies probably.
That and the EV subsidies. I don't think the Focus ST or RS has child slavery in its production, don't think any EV could say the same.

·
Registered
Alan St500
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
Yeah, I have friends in Norway and I'm driving there in a couple of weeks. It's about £2.40 a litre in Norway and Sweden. It's £2 a litre or more in many European countries now.
😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳

121 - 140 of 168 Posts