Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,250 Posts
Hearing of crazy prices and even shortages down south. No issues here & Unleaded is 'only' £1.46/L ...

As for heating, we're all-electric and get great value using Economy 7 and overnight storage heaters. I would highly recommend it. :)

·
Registered
CP320
1,642 Posts
Hearing of crazy prices and even shortages down south. No issues here & Unleaded is 'only' £1.46/L ...

As for heating, we're all-electric and get great value using Economy 7 and overnight storage heaters. I would highly recommend it. :)
There's been stupid panic buying going on near me for over a week now. Absolutely no logic to it, the only thing I can think of is that I live in an area with an 'aged' demographic and anecdotally it's these people clogging up the station forecourts.

·
Registered
Tangerine Scream ST3 2013, with some stuff done.
2,277 Posts
All the supermarkets ran out of fuel on Wednesday in Bridgwater, because of panic buying, so the mainstream fuel companies that still had fuel, put the prices up 5p a litre, thieves. 🤬

·
Registered
99 Posts
Texaco round the corner from me in Worcester was 176.9p for standard diesel today, and 187.9p for posh diesel!! I wasn’t in the market for it but I’d have fallen off my chair if the door didn’t stop me.

Standard petrol for my other half’s car was 158.9p, filled mine up on 99 at the Tesco a mile or so away for the same price. Strangely diesel was only 153.9p there so Christ knows what Texaco were playing at.

·
Registered
ST225 - CP340
1,254 Posts
I've been using Hyperjar to siphon off spare money for a good few months now into a dedicated "Shell" pot. Gives over 4% interest as long as you ringfence the money for Shell. Hoping it'll help take the sting out of fill ups - but paid nearly 1.70/l for V-power yesterday.

·
Registered
MK2 facelift st 2000 puma millennium Chinese 125cc scrambler
2,243 Posts
I've been using Hyperjar to siphon off spare money for a good few months now into a dedicated "Shell" pot. Gives over 4% interest as long as you ringfence the money for Shell. Hoping it'll help take the sting out of fill ups - but paid nearly 1.70/l for V-power yesterday.
This sounds like a pre paid credit card with extra steps?

1 - 20 of 168 Posts