Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Fuel crisis 🤔

7K views 67 replies 22 participants last post by  FastEddie 
#1 ·
#50 ·
From the Mail:

Mr Madderson (Head of the Petrol Retailers Assoc) said that recent figures show the fuel crisis was an 'unintended consequence' of the E10 rollout.
He told the Telegraph: 'For weeks we had been emptying our tanks of E5, the old fuel, as fast as we could to get ready for E10. We had all run our petrol stocks down.
'So when the panic buying started, many of our members ran out pretty quickly. Then the shortage of HGV drivers meant we couldn't get supplies quickly enough.
'I don't blame the Government particularly but the E10 switchover clearly had an unintended consequence: we couldn't cope with the surge in demand."

#53 · (Edited by Moderator)
No problems in Hull yesterday. St. Andrews Quay, Esso Supreme Uld £1.57.9. Later the same day High St, Wealdstone, Esso Supreme Uld £1.59.9. Today Esso Belmont, E10 £1.44.9 / Diesel £1.46.9. Somehow, a supposed 5 Litre petrol can (that seems to have swollen to 6 Litres) for the lawn mower, cost £9.64 to fill (Supreme Uld). Think I'll have to invest in a scythe, or buy a grazing animal :ROFLMAO:.

#63 ·
So with the crazy price of petrol and diesel, how come I haven't seen a drop in speeds on major A-roads and motorways ? There seems no change on either with the usual numbers still doing 70mph on one and 85mph on the other.

Do people really not mind seeing the fortune they just spent at the forecourt disappearing rapidly for the sake of getting somewhere a few minutes earlier ? o_O

In fact I caught up with many that had bombed past me at the end of road traffic lights ! :D

#65 ·
F*#k the fuel price, I for one didn't buy an ST for it's fuel efficiency nor to dawdle along in. Each to their own admittedly, but personally I think I've got more chance of dying (irrespective of the speed I drive) before I go skint. Living in London it's an occupational hazard due to the high stabbing statistics. Carpe Diem, you can't take it with you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.