Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

Premium Member
There's genuine people out there who have been having difficulty trying to get fuel to get to work ...I use a company van where the fuel is paid for ..however I've been searching around last night and tonight with a 10 litre Jerry can so I can fill up the ST with at least enough so I can use it considering it only has 1/4 of a tank .otherwise I have to drive around trying to find some with the possibility of running out ...am I selfish ? No I don't think so ..but I guarantee someone would eyeball me ...and wanna say something without knowing my actual need.

Premium Member
Alan St500
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I have to fill my work car up every 4-5 days it鈥檚 a nightmare, but I filled up earlier it was 92 quid and someone else paid my bill while I was getting a drink 馃 the lady said she asked him twice what number his was and he was adamant he was pump number 2 馃檲 she said I can pay his as he鈥檚 a moron his was only 20 quid 馃ぃ馃ぃ

Premium Member
ST225 - CP340
Crazyness over the weekend. Covered a fair few miles (Home -> Leeds -> Collins Performance -> Silverstone -> Home). Couldn't find any garages with fuel (Esp premium) on the way to Leeds - most garages had nothing at all. Managed to top up at Congleton Shell luckily!

On the way down to Silverstone - similar story. Plenty of gantry sides on the M1 notifying that services had no fuel or were out of a specific type. 2 Shell garages around Silverstone itself had no stock of anything and a BP garage had some limited stock so managed to top up enough to get home without having to worry about finding a station!

Speaking to a chap in one Shell garage though, they weren't expecting stock anytime soon - just seemed totally crazy to be honest!

Registered
2017 ST-3
It's just the Southeast and London apparently. The rest of the country is more or less back to normal.

Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
Yes, I did some Tesco shopping yesterday and the petrol forecourt was operating quite normally. No queues or restrictions.

Premium Member
It's just the Southeast and London apparently. The rest of the country is more or less back to normal.
There will have been a slump after all the idiots who do 15 miles a week have topped up with 拢7 worth, driven home then realised they can't fit any more in their tanks. However they will definitely be back for more! My local independent has had a constant queue mainly made up of Nissan Micras, Honda Jazz and Suzuki Wagon R.

Premium Member
Alan St500
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Reasonably back to normal in Suffolk too just the prices have shot up considerably 馃う鈥嶁檪锔

Premium Member
2006 mk2 5 door pfl in performance blue, CP320
Sunny worthing is 20 to 30 min wait by the looks of it

Premium Member
Mk3 ST305
Radiant Stanmore is 45 min wait at ESSO garage for standard unleaded @ 拢1.34.9 per/L, complete with a sideshow of random pump rage by some guy (in a diesel van) trying to fill numerous empty 2 litre cola bottles with unleaded, yeah seriously! until it was explained by the pump attendant that wasn't permitted. The fact that he queried it, demonstrates the mentality/stupidity of some people. Seemingly there's never a shortage of idiots.

Premium Member
2006 mk2 5 door pfl in performance blue, CP320
Now this could be fake and its not the uk but.......

Registered
Sarah - Mountune M365 - Focus ST MK4
Ouch! We went to the place on Nacton Road. Didn't want to look at how much it was a liter. It is what it is at the moment. Need fuel, so just gotta pay it!

Premium Member
Alan St500
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Paid 162.9 for Diesel Ultimate on the A1 on the Beds/Herts border last week.

Mind you, little queuing - not at that price !
It always about that price at scotch corner normally 馃槼 they must be about a tenner a litre now 馃

Premium Member
Grumpy Pete - Mk 2 PFL CP320
Bad news all round 鈥 the best fuel you could get before all this nonsense kicked off, and the ONLY fuel that was petrol, and not a mix of petrol and ethanol, was ESSO Supreme鈥

I paid 拢1.591per litre tonight (first time I鈥檝e filled up in a month) and it鈥檚 now E5 !

Premium Member
What difference does the extra 5% petrol make? Can you tell? Must admit I have no idea when E5 was first introduced (been driving a diesel for too long) and if it caused any issues at the time.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts