Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi could anyone tell me with this colour is it unusual for the paint to look thin?

I bought my car 6months old had the paint measured all round etc to make sure it hadn't been resprayed but I have just noticed when I open the doors under neath the paint looks grey!! It's still smooth and I can see no damage to th trim etc where it might have been removed it looks just as if the paint is showing the primer!!

It's under both doors one a bit worse! This doesn't bother me only if the car has been resprayed!

Can anyone with this colour maybe take a look at there's!
Thanks

·
Registered
647 Posts
Ford are'nt exactly generous with paint and lets be honest they dont exactly stand for quality either do they !!
The paint on my front AND rear bumper was awfull and most of the paint had peeled away to the undercolour !! (very dull blue), its been re-sprayed and looks much better now !! BUT beware of the Ford Paint Curse hahaha !!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(Tippex ST @ 27 Dec 2009, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ford are'nt exactly generous with paint and lets be honest they dont exactly stand for quality either do they !!
The paint on my front AND rear bumper was awfull and most of the paint had peeled away to the undercolour !! (very dull blue), its been re-sprayed and looks much better now !! BUT beware of the Ford Paint Curse hahaha !!

Mine looks as if it's been painted with tippex!!!
I just checked all the openings and they nearly all have it too some degree!!..
Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts