Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,446 Posts
It's very hard to tell the difference from the brochure. What are peoples views on these colours? Does one really justify the premium in price over the other?
hi mate. electric white looks awesome! be wary though, its pearlesent and like the orange is an absolute pig to colour match any damage!
for this reason i would go for frozen white everytime.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
if you want electric white you best get in quick as i was reliably informed today that it may soon be stopped as ford are even struggling to get a colour match on the production line, my local dealer just had one in for 5 weeks trying to paint 1 wing

·
Registered
202 Posts
It's very hard to tell the difference from the brochure. What are peoples views on these colours? Does one really justify the premium in price over the other?
One is pearlescent (electric white) the other is solid (frozen white) It depends what you want. I chose the electric white because it is a little bit different, out of the ordinary if you like.It adds a little something to the car. I've had mixed reactions to it. Some love it and some hate it. It''s been described as off white, cream, blue, purple to name just a few.... I know one thing, it's a real pain to touch in any chips or scuffs and a pain to keep looking clean (just a white thing I think) but I like it a lot and I'm glad I chose it over the Frozen white. The reason it's more expensive is because it has 3 layers of paint (4 if you include the primer) There is a very pale grey, almost white base coat, a translucent pearl mid coat which contains all the metallic flakes and a clear top coat. Weather it's worth £685 extra is any ones guess...

·
Registered
202 Posts
if you want electric white you best get in quick as i was reliably informed today that it may soon be stopped as ford are even struggling to get a colour match on the production line, my local dealer just had one in for 5 weeks trying to paint 1 wing
If they are anything like my local Ford dealer they are useless. The body shop manager and the sprayer openly admitted that they had no idea how to mix or match the electric white. However after 5 minutes at my local auto paint supplier, I had the base coat, mid coat and clear topcoat in 3 little jars. I airbrushed them onto an old part from a model kit I had, just out of curiosity, to test the colour match. When placed alongside my car it was 99% perfect . The one thing I did notice is the more coats of the mid pearl you spray, the darker it becomes, even though it is translucent.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.