Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2007 mk2 pfl in electric orange
4,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello good people, just noticed that when going over speed bumps I'm getting a sound like the front springs are creaking, it's only when i go over bumps not pot holes, and there is no knocking, but i have noticed that the steering feels a little stiffer if that makes sense. Would it point to the springs or maybe the top mounts?

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Hi Mick,

I had this on my last ST, and it drove me mad. Replaced near enough every bush and suspension component. In the end, mine turned out to be the NSF top mount, replaced both and it solved the problem. However, I did find that I have the creaking noise over pot holes too. At the time of replacing the top mounts, I did swap the shocks and springs too.
I suspected it to be the top mount as it was in a bad condition.

·
Registered
2007 mk2 pfl in electric orange
4,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Mick,

I had this on my last ST, and it drove me mad. Replaced near enough every bush and suspension component. In the end, mine turned out to be the NSF top mount, replaced both and it solved the problem. However, I did find that I have the creaking noise over pot holes too. At the time of replacing the top mounts, I did swap the shocks and springs too.
I suspected it to be the top mount as it was in a bad condition.
Thanks Andy, I'll investigate.

·
Premium Member
Graham - mk2 stage 3
5,403 Posts
Bushes? mine is doing this and I've been trying to get them done all round but as soon as I get the cash, something happens that takes priority. Recent new shocks all round with top mounts too.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Evening all. Is there a particular brand of top mount recommended or is it best going with standard Ford for parts like this?
They are cheap from ford for top mouth and bush, i got mine cheap from official ford ebay store, 11 quid on sale for both mount and bush.

·
Registered
CP320
1,696 Posts
Evening all. Is there a particular brand of top mount recommended or is it best going with standard Ford for parts like this?
They are cheap from ford for top mouth and bush, i got mine cheap from official ford ebay store, 11 quid on sale for both mount and bush.
£11 from Ford is a steal, but if not then SKF or Corteco. The old ones that came off my wife's car had both Ford and SKF logos on them.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I had these ones but they was very good of a deal when i got them

I think ford or SKF but i would always use ford for that peace of mind.

·
Registered
CP320
1,696 Posts
I had these ones but they was very good of a deal when i got them

I think ford or SKF but i would always use ford for that peace of mind.
£24 is still cheap for genuine, I'm sure I saw something like £50 each from Ford when I enquired before.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
£24 is still cheap for genuine, I'm sure I saw something like £50 each from Ford when I enquired before.
It is still cheap for what you get.b i do always point to andy but rates and above are cheaper this time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts