Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ello. Does anyone know where I can get an Aluminium Front splitter for st3 64Reg.
I have demolished 5x Ab Plastic, and a Firbre glass one. Multiple Animals hit, accidently. SO Has to be metal. Rally interventions only one found but need more choice. Or anyone design and build one.

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,585 Posts
I've never heard of a metal one. Wouldn't that have implications regarding safety, in that instead of breaking someone's leg with the front of your car you could slice it off?

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
Very much so! Metal ones can be allowed on track cars for instance but on a road going car I would doubt it would get through an MOT and such. Plus hitting the animals again would slice them into sushi! Could be wrong but I wouldn't want to try it! I had a Maxton Design splitter on the old 500 & it got clouted off kerbs & speed bumps as a matter of course. Never damaged it. I now have the below on the Mk3 & it is even lower so scrapes on the road coming out of garages etc if the angles are too severe but again never had a problem. Mind you depending on what animals you are hitting I am surprised it was only the splitter that got damaged!
Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Grille

If there are too many though you maybe need one of these instead?

Automotive parking light Hood Grille Automotive lighting Vehicle

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very much so! Metal ones can be allowed on track cars for instance but on a road going car I would doubt it would get through an MOT and such. Plus hitting the animals again would slice them into sushi! Could be wrong but I wouldn't want to try it! I had a Maxton Design splitter on the old 500 & it got clouted off kerbs & speed bumps as a matter of course. Never damaged it. I now have the below on the Mk3 & it is even lower so scrapes on the road coming out of garages etc if the angles are too severe but again very had a problem. Mind you depending on what animals you are hitting I am surprised it was only the splitter that got damaged!
View attachment 904795

If there are too many though you maybe need one of these instead?

View attachment 904796
Changed bumper twice, grills, etc etc. I was looking at the one you have now. Maxton was the first to be shattered. Cheers for help. Almost decided on your one now, as on my list.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.