Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Evening all. Just thought I would show a couple of pics of my latest small mods - Had the front lip and rear bumper infill covered in satin black vinyl last weekend. Wasnt quite brave enough to try this myself, the thought of laying on the floor in the freezing cold wrapping myself up in vinyl just didnt sound like much fun !!

Had a call around and a couple of people recommended trying a company called Totally Dynamic, based in Enfield/North London. These guys do some real mega full car wraps and when I got there the car park was full of exotica, including a pearl white wrapped Bentley convertible and a white carbon wrapped Aston Vantage. The finish on the Bentley was amazing (excuse the
iphone pic!), how on earth you can wrap vinyl to this quality is beyond me !!

Anyhow, if anyone is interested, they charged £30 for the front lip and £40 for the rear and the best bit is they found a proper 3M vinyl that is a really good match to the satin black paint that I sprayed my fog surrounds in, very happy ! Their website is Totally Dynamic and it was the North London branch.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Intresting ..i was under the impression that the heat from the exhausts would melt the vinyl ?? Keep us informed mate please ...

Ooh just checked there website and there's a local franchise .. Going to ring them tm

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice one guys, glad you like. Will update this thread with regards to the temp from the exhaust tailpipes affecting the vinyl.....

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
looks a good job. i did my rear but the exhaust made the vynal go tight and split did it again but adjusted the tail pipes a few mm lower and did it again so i bit the bullet and painted it.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
QUOTE(Bruceyboy @ 23 Feb 2010, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice one guys, glad you like. Will update this thread with regards to the temp from the exhaust tailpipes affecting the vinyl.....

Cool thanks , did they tell you how long it would last for ?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No, they didnt say how long it would last - Think I'm the guinea pig !! The 3M website says 12 year interior guarantee and 5 years external, we will just wait and see.

They did the rear in 3 bits, a small piece was wrapped around each tail pipe opening (internally) and then trimmed and then the last piece was placed on to wrap over the tail pipe pieces and then trimmed

·
Registered
264 Posts
I also did the vynil in the rear.. I put other brand.. a common one.. It didn't melt.. what happens was that it become hard but after 8months or year... and just in a small part..

What I did was to cut that small part and replace it with a new vinyl.. it was just the inner part of the "frame" just above the exhaust tail pipes.. It looks fine, the new part its almost invisible until you get too close.

Later I installed the rear diffuser from facelift ST painted in matte black.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts