Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Just stuck on with the sticky pad works fine with mine - I gave the grille a wipe with some brake cleaner first and it helps to warm up the badge for 10 or 15 mins too.

Reckon the vast majority are just fixed with the sticky pad.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Sticky pad here

I cleaned the area of the grill with alcohol to remove grease etc and stuck on in a position where as much of the sticky backing was touching the grill so it had more surface area to stick to. Hasn't moved and gets power washed etc.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Hi mate, I cleaned and dried the area on the grill that I stuck my badge on to, then applied the self adhesive strips to the back as many people have done. Trouble is that after a few days on the car the badge got stolen (this happened twice)
. I ordered another one (my 3rd) from Team Torquesteer and then did the same, but this time I also added my own bit of genius... I modified the rear of the badge and bonded on a small bracket onto it so I could secure the badge to the car by using a small security cable. I also tied the
thing on with pieces of fishing line. It's still on there a year on
. Further more, I super-glued some pins to the rear of the badge so if anyone tries to steal the badge again, they'll have a nasty shock

Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Font Symbol
Motor vehicle Font Automotive exterior Wood Rectangle

I wouldn't go as far as I have to ensure your badge stays on the grill, but I would strongly advise tieing the badge on with fishing line, as it will be impossible to pull off afterwards, and the fishing line is virtually impossible to see

Hope this helps?

Ian.

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
QUOTE(flower66 @ 12 Jan 2010, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi mate, I cleaned and dried the area on the grill that I stuck my badge on to, then applied the self adhesive strips to the back as many people have done. Trouble is that after a few days on the car the badge got stolen (this happened twice)
. I ordered another one (my 3rd) from Team Torquesteer and then did the same, but this time I also added my own bit of genius... I modified the rear of the badge and bonded on a small bracket onto it so I could secure the badge to the car by using a small security cable. I also tied the
. Further more, I super-glued some pins to the rear of the badge so if anyone tries to steal the badge again, they'll have a nasty shock

View attachment 36286 View attachment 36287

I wouldn't go as far as I have to ensure your badge stays on the grill, but I would strongly advise tieing the badge on with fishing line, as it will be impossible to pull off afterwards, and the fishing line is virtually impossible to see

Hope this helps?

Ian.

Awesome idea!!!!!! I getting one soon so all these ideas are great!

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
QUOTE(flower66 @ 12 Jan 2010, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi mate, I cleaned and dried the area on the grill that I stuck my badge on to, then applied the self adhesive strips to the back as many people have done. Trouble is that after a few days on the car the badge got stolen (this happened twice)

View attachment 36286 View attachment 36287

Hope this helps?

Ian.

i love this place

I picked mine up wiped the grill with my cuff stuck in on and its been there 2yrs now

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.