Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
I am looking to get both my front grills painted over the christmas period, but am undecided on what
black to spray them. Matt black? Satin black? and what shade black. please tell me your thoughts and
any pics you may have of your car grills painted

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I decided on the colour coded effect to match the car. Had someone spray them for me and am well pleased with the result.
What ever you decide, it will be better than standard

*Edit* apologies - just re-read ... for some strange reason, thought you were meaning fog surrounds. As for grills ... satin! (sorry!)

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
QUOTE(bully09 @ 10 Dec 2009, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am looking to get both my front grills painted over the christmas period, but am undecided on what
black to spray them. Matt black? Satin black? and what shade black. please tell me your thoughts and
any pics you may have of your car grills painted

What colour ST you got fella?

·
Super Moderator
Volkswagen Tiguan R-Line Tech 230
8,086 Posts
QUOTE(tallboy_ed @ 10 Dec 2009, 10:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Do it Satin Black. If you don't like it put a lacquer on it and turn it gloss.

This is what i did . I have another set which i shall be spraying Gloss black and then lacquering . Hoping to get them to the same finish as the
ones

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
I had mine done at the same time as the fog surrounds and thought satin worked better overall with the black on the flatter surfaces on the surrounds being more understated in satin. Was copying the effect I'd done in a similar vein on my ST170 after I fitted the Mk1 RS upper grille.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts