Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few days after fitting new Bilstein B8 shocks & Mountune springs I've noticed a front end clunk (almost a joint pop noise) when turning, especially when on an incline or bump.
Anyone have any ideas where to concentrate my efforts looking for the culprit?
The one thing I've ruled out so far is drop links, had new ones front and back and the sound is still the same.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Try disconnecting your drop links and go for a short drive to see if the noise persists, they can cause a knocking noise once they give up. Its a quick easy check so worth trying before going down the tougher routes.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Try disconnecting your drop links and go for a short drive to see if the noise persists, they can cause a knocking noise once they give up. Its a quick easy check so worth trying before going down the tougher routes.
Yea the drop links are a common click/clunk after lowering from what I hear but they've already been ruled out. Fitted new Hardrace ones from A&K but the exact same sound persisted. It's booked into a local garage on Friday to investigate but I'm fairly sure the top mounts are the culprit so we shall see.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How did you get on with this?
Got it sorted, turned out to be the drivers side top mount was bad and letting the shock move around.

Unfortunately it had somehow caused the thread for the top nut of the shock to become damaged so the whole thing had to be replaced, pricey but just glad it's sorted.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Got it sorted, turned out to be the drivers side top mount was bad and letting the shock move around.

Unfortunately it had somehow caused the thread for the top nut of the shock to become damaged so the whole thing had to be replaced, pricey but just glad it's sorted.
Glad you got to the bottom of it just a shame it was an expensive fix.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts