Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been asked before but I can't seem to locate it anywhere in the search

I am after buying the bumper lip vinyl for my pre-facelift ST, in the same colour as the stock grills (grey) but I cannot see this on the DMB website even though there are pictures listed, does anyone know where it is, how much it is etc?

If not I will contact Dave but I thought it would be easier to ask first and find its under my noise rather than go threw the trouble of ringing him up.

Cheers

·
Registered
658 Posts
Hi mate,he is based in Bromsgrove in the midlands and will charge you £35 fitted.
I had mine fitted there and it took him about 10-15 mins

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
can he match any colour do you think? ive painted my grills ford mercury grey so would like it to match. might give him a call and pop up. its only a 20min drive

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
Gray, as I can not imagine anyone having painted the lip ever wanting to turn it back why not have it painted to match your colour coded grills?

Even if you ever did want to turn it back it would not cost that much to paint the bumper again and it would fix any chips you have picked up

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
QUOTE(Dennis @ 2 Jan 2010, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Gray, as I can not imagine anyone having painted the lip ever wanting to turn it back why not have it painted to match your colour coded grills?

Even if you ever did want to turn it back it would not cost that much to paint the bumper again and it would fix any chips you have picked up

yeh i have been thinking this.i may well just do it tomorrow.ill take some pics as i do it..

·
1,599 Posts
I had mine done at Profile as Dave wasn't doing them back then, but as you can see from this pic it's a pretty good match to the standard plastic. Dave has an almost infinite supply of vinyl so will be able to match it no problem. When I finally get round to painting my grilles i'll be paying Dave a visit to get it redone to match.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That looks brilliant in the pics mate, makes the car look so much meaner. Problem is its 100miles away from me each way so a cheap mod turns into a more expensive one with fuel lol. How hard do you think it would be to do yourself?

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
QUOTE(gray @ 2 Jan 2010, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hhmmmm somethings telling me vinyl and not to paint. not sure why...

If a job is worth doing............

paint it and know you have done a proper job rather than a quick fix

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
yeh true. but if i change my mind in future i can remove it or if it chips i can just redo it much more easy. not sure lol think it will be vinyl now

1 - 13 of 13 Posts