Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caught off guard and blasted past a gritter on the motorway late last night, around 1am on an unlit section of the motorway. The bright flashing lights of the gritter should have registered in my head but didn't given the time and not seeing a gritter since last year. Must have been doing 70-80 and it was too late to stop and he machine gunned me with rock salt as I went past. I washed the car today and lots of little stone chips on the front bumper down to the white primer. Gutted

How much are people paying for a front bumper respray these days (it's colorado red)?

·
Registered
278 Posts
mate gutted for you. my bonnet and bumper look like they got shot blasted. i've been quoted about 300 for both. that is on staff discount tho

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
This infuriates me massively! I was on a tiny backroad earlier and a gritter lorry practically forced me into the hedge and still had the spinner going! I know motorways and duals would be an exception for obvious reasons, but I feel on the narrower roads they should flick it off for a second if a vehicle is coming towards.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can make a decent job of salt rash using Chipex???
I've never used it but its something I would make a real mess off. No patience and certainly don't have steady hands for fine jobs like this. I'll have a look but may leave it to spring now since sod's law would have my car blasted again the moment I've sorted it out.

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Thats the beauty of Chipex, you smear it all over the effected area then use the removal fluid to take off the spare.... No fine filling in of chips with a toothpick or any of that rubbish.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts