Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just seems a touch expensive @ £5.50 for a pair of stickers to only promote the site. I know money needs to be made etc and I appreciate they don't cost nothing to have made, but still.
I want the livery on the car but wouldn't bother for £5.50, and I wondered if others felt the same. Shame we can't have a one- off pair as new members. Brand new customers only !!

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
I know what you mean i'm in the same boat really. Haven't got any stickers, but won't be going out of my way to purchase them. I know people say that it shows you care for your car when it comes time to sell up. But the majority of people wouldn't worry about it.

Maybe having an option when you become a paid member to check a box for some delivered for a couple of quid or something wouldn't go amiss??

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, few quid as a new member is fine IMO. It's suprising how many people don't know about the site, so extra members are full of win !!

·
Registered
13,907 Posts
Guys, as said we used to give these out free with membership, but we had the majority feedback that they would rather make a saving on membership and keep the stickers they have, It's a long story but also to do with having to change supplier.
This way seems to work best for most.
Unfortunately these do have a cost, even with a member of staff sorting the orders in there own time, free of charge.

·
Administrator
2,254 Posts
In my first year I got the DMB club stickers (which were a proper
badge) and a tax disk holder. That was £10 all in
We had lots and lots of complaints & comments from members who hated the cheap tax disc holders....
they were all plain white vinyl with a different coloured sticker on the back. ..... & that was the OLD design decals ... again 100's comments stating they were too big .... they needed to be folded in half to post which caused problems... the new decals were designed to be in keeping with this clubs logo's & image.

·
Administrator
2,254 Posts
Just seems a touch expensive @ £5.50 for a pair of stickers!
I am a member of the Kuga owners club & they charge £5 ..... no choice 1 colour only white .... external application only.

RS Owners Club £8.50 (appears no choice either)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow ...
can you let me know the name & address of the supplier we will change and use him, also maybe you know an address of a supplier who will supply us paper to print you order on, toner for the printer, envelopes, card to keep them flat & a postman to deliver all for nothing ..... oh and maybe a contact with paypal who can reduce our charges
Wow, maybe if you went back and read what I've posted. It does say I apreciate that the do cost to produce. Do you need to invoice people for a sticker ? I've read all the replies so far, so thanks anyway. Like I said, it's all just to help pull in revenue on maybe your website ? So forgive me for not paying to help you.

·
Captain Slow
16,275 Posts
Will, Amanda has no connections with the supplier of any of the stuff sold through the club. She volunteers her time on here mate and works full time, as she does the other three clubs to. Every single order is processed by her, packaged by her, printed by her and taken to the post office by her.

This is the lady that sat up until the early hours on several nights on the run up to Ford Fair packing envelopes for well over 450 members to attend.

Cut her some slack dude

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Charge £15.50 the first year including stickers and £10 renewal for the following years without stickers. Making everyone happy for about 5 minutes before they moan about the price of membership.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ryan, I asked a question and I got my answer. I know stickers cost to produce, because we have them made up to promote our garage. Point is, it only helps us when our customers display our livery. I'm a tight ass at the best of times, and was just going to get round to ordering some. It was no problem. I'm sure Amanda does a cracking job, I only replied with the same amount of sarcasm I recieved.

Pay for memnership if you want and pay for stickers if you want........... simples
Band wagon ??

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Ryan, I asked a question and I got my answer. I know stickers cost to produce, because we have them made up to promote our garage. Point is, it only helps us when our customers display our livery. I'm a tight ass at the best of times, and was just going to get round to ordering some. It was no problem. I'm sure Amanda does a cracking job, I only replied with the same amount of sarcasm I recieved.

Band wagon ??
No not "band wagon" just seen a load of posts about why cant I get this or that.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts