Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Basically I have been re-issued with the log book for my Fiesta ZS by the DVLA but I p/x'd it just before christmas with the main dealer, I need to know if they have sold the car or if I am still liable for parking/speeding tickets.
The RAC used to do a car checker on the number plate, which told you the make and model and the last time it changed owner. I wanted to see if this said 01/09 or 12/09. But it looks like the RAC charge for this now.
Real shame as it was quite handy to use. There must be another site that does it I just can't find one.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I did send off that part, the dealership had to transfer my privite number plate and I think thats what messed it all up.
I've called the dealership 3 times asking them to sort it out be no-one has called me back. I could send the log book off again but the dealer has to sign it also. Just a pain really because i think I'm going to have to go back down there. My Fez was on there website but it has either been sold or removed just interested to find out which one.

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
Do not bother with the dealer just send it back to the VLA saying their records are wrong igve them the date you traded it etc and tell them to update their records now!!!

You could threaten to report them to the data commissionare if thye fail to update their records.

Do not leave it to the stealer as chances are it is them that messed it up in the first place and would likely do it again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.