Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you know how to do it and have the right equipment then yes very easy
But you would think many would up the security since its on tv,papers, ads on websites about doing so due to the higher car thefts.

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
It seems to be getting bad down my way again, the amount of posts on insta from my local alarm fitter has posted about cars he has fitted alarms to that people have tried to take but failed. And have all been fiesta sts or the 1ltr eco booms.

as Alan has said people think it won’t happen to them and also people think a steering lock is good enough but reality is it takes seconds to remove if you know how, I’m talking about the cheap £30 steering locks that you can get from Halfords/amazon etc.

I always think social media has an input with these thefts also, all these open Instagram profiles, it wouldn't be to hard to get the location or there abouts to find the cars

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I fully agree about these one stick wheel locks, you can remove one easy so yes you need more than just that.

Not long after i posted this, police unearthed a chop shop just down the road from me, the same place i've said was one, it has a few focus st and fiesta st's.

The posting of "my new car" "look at these mods on my car" on social media is for sure a hot spot and the reason i kept mine off it.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If using your phone, turning off location does nothing as it still gets imprinted on the photo stats, Exif data should be cleared before posting any photo online just to be on the better privacy side.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts