Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@ brian yes you can, but you would need to check with them which spring you would need.

@ gizmo i'm not overly sure what the gains are but i do know you will get stronger boost and (most importantly
) wastegate chatter

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
You will be able to throw away your DV if you fit one of these, I have one fitted to my hybrid turbo and it gives off a lot of turbo chatter. I can't say how it would perform on a standard turbo though, but I do know that my car with the uprated turbo holds higher boost longer.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Can you tell me why you think by fitting an uprated actuator will give you "waste gate chatter"?

The chatter sound is turbo stall, the noise you hear is the air rushing over the turbo blades.

If you want waste gate chatter remove your dump valve and fit and open air filter then save up to have your turbo rebuilt.

T3, T34, T4 will take this but a KKK will die

Anything over the spring preload which i think is 15 psi and your playing with fire on these turbos.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.